Export Control Officer | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Facilities Management & Security|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||28-Jun-2018|
- Bring your strong understanding of ITAR to this key role
- Enjoy flexibility and a family friendly work environment
- Based in Edinburgh Parks, SA
At BAE Systems, our advanced defence technology protects people and national security, and keeps critical information and infrastructure secure. For over 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across the air, maritime, land and cyber domains. We employ a skilled workforce of some 3,500 people at over 25 locations across Australia, and work closely with local partners to support economic development by transferring knowledge, skills and technology. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
In terms of our work environment, it is inclusive, collaborative and we embrace innovation. We also enjoy a genuine commitment to safety, diversity and inclusion and to the development of our skills. Above all, it's the people at BAE Systems who make the difference.
We're excited now to invite applications from people who have a strong understanding of International Traffic in Arms (ITAR) Regulations.
As the Export Control Officer, you will be responsible for applying and implementing export control compliance obligations for our Weapons Systems business. This includes compliance with all company export control policies and procedures and compliance with relevant export control laws and regulations.
Joining our team in this role will see you:
- Consulting with key stakeholders within the Weapons Systems business to define and implement the export control for the business
- Acting as the primary point of contact for export control enquiries, providing advice and guidance on export control regulations and procedures
- Implementing the export control policies and procedures, contributing to the review of the policies and procedures and identifying inefficiencies or potential improvements
- Understanding the jurisdiction and classification on the relevant export control lists for all export control material within Weapons Systems
- Providing subject matter expert support to investigations and audits
- Leading the formation and maintenance of export control licences and agreements including initiating applications for import and export permits
- Demonstrating knowledge and understanding of the risks associated with export control compliance, developing strategies to mitigate them and managing the export control risk register
As the ideal applicant you will have:
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Defence security clearance of ‘Negative Vetting Level 1' and be cleared for International Traffic In Arms Regulations
- Relevant export control experience and expertise in the application of export control laws to business activities
- Knowledge and an understanding of the risks associated with export control
- The ability to conduct investigations and risk base audits
- A proactive approach, attention to detail and strong problem solving skills
Whilst not essential, a university degree qualification in an appropriate commercial or legal discipline will be highly regarded as will commercial experience and the ability to interpret US Agreements including Technical Assistance Agreements (TAAs).
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
A White Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC) is required for this role and applicants must meet ASIC eligibility requirements in order to obtain and maintain this clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Lesley Mackman, Senior Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: BAE Systems Careers Australia
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html