Instructor - PIET | NSW - Wagga Wagga
|Category:||Human Resources, Training & OHSE|
|Position Type:||Fixed Term|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||29-Jun-2018|
- 12 months fixed term position within a global Defence organisation
- Join a dedicated team in our Aerospace business
- Located in Wagga Wagga, New South Wales
The Defence Aeroskills Training Academy (DATA) deliver all aviation trade training to the Australian Defence Force. These roles are a perfect opportunity to further develop your instructional and technical skills and knowledge.
Applications are now sought from qualified Aircraft Maintenance Engineers, with a background in CAMM2 Data Management and Training - seeking an opportunity to utilise their expertise, and take their career to the next level.
This opportunity will see the successful applicant:
- Undertake facilitation and delivery of training in both of the following;
- Post Initial Employment Training (PIET) – CAMM2 Data Managers course, and
- Initial Employment Trade Training (IET)
- Design and develop training solutions and documentation in both PIET (CAMM2), and IET, to ensure that the outputs produced meet all stakeholder requirements
- Provide specialisation skills and advice to support Aviation Technical Training
- Develop and maintain relationships with relevant customer, Government and industry partners
- Maintain accurate electronic and hard copy records of training documentation
- Undertake supervision within a simulated working environment
- Guide and mentor Defence trainees in best practise within the aviation environment
Your Aviation Technical Training experience will be supported by your:
- Demonstrated industry experience as a qualified Aviation Maintenance Engineer with a current Certificate III/IV in an Aeroskills trade
- Certificate IV Training and Assessment (TAE40116) or (TAE40110 with additional units of TAEASS502 and TAELLN411) – essential
- CAMM2 Data Manager qualifications and demonstrated experience - essential
- Experience in a technical training discipline with current demonstrated experience in the development of adult learning environments
- Demonstrated commitment to the Australian Defence Force culture and ability to mentor students
- Ability to provide leadership to individuals and teams on training needs analysis, development and delivery
- Capability to adapt written and verbal communication skills to suit a variety of difference audiences
- Ability to supervise and comply with Defence Aviation Safety Regulations (or civilian equivalent e.g. EMARS) as an aviation maintenance engineer
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Sally Porter - Recruitment Specialist and made on-line at www.baesystemscareers.com.au
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html