F-35 Regional Warehouse and Distribution Manager | NSW-Williamtown
|Category:||Warehouse & Logistics Operations|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||03-Jul-2018|
- Join Australia's Defence industry leader
- Flexible, diverse, and inclusive culture
- Challenging career opportunity, based in Newcastle, New South Wales
Our Training and Air Combat Support team based in Williamtown (Newcastle), New South Wales are seeking applications from experienced and dynamic Warehouse and Distribution Managers, in search of a challenging and diverse role, set within an innovative and performance driven, and inclusive culture.
Reporting to the F-35 Project Manager - Supply Chain, the F-35 Regional Warehouse and Distribution Manager will be responsible for providing effective management of inventory personnel and processes – including the delivery of high quality warehousing services (capturing, receiving, storage, distribution, importing/exporting, including documentation and dispatching), for the BAE Systems Aerospace business group, covering the Williamtown site.
Applications are now sought from dynamic and passionate Warehouse and Distribution professionals to support the business, based at our Williamtown site. Experience true work-life balance without compromising job satisfaction or career development, by joining our Aerospace team.
Your proven facilities experience and sound management acumen will see you:
- Develop a highly motivated, effective and cohesive team of warehousing and distribution personnel and lead the team to deliver and sustain the high levels of logistics performance, in support of regional F-35 customers/users;
- Manage regional F-35 aeronautical product inventory to ensure accuracy of quantity, location and configuration of consumables and expendable lines, repairable items and ground support equipment for the F-35 enterprise in the Asia-Pacific region;
- Manage regional F-35 Transportation and Distribution services to the various domestic and international locations
- Lead the development and implementation of: enhanced business systems, metrics capture and program analytics including customer reporting, best practice warehousing concepts and operations, develop advanced distribution models and processes, and develop standard procedures – to meet the F-35 program's supply chain objectives
- Ensure the warehousing and distribution activities comply with the relevant acts, legal demands, and ethical standards
- Manage the storage and shipment of materials to and from BAE Systems Williamtown site
To secure this rare opportunity that will enable you to hone your specialist skill set and leverage your career to the next level, you will need:
- A degree qualification, along with substantial experience in logistics and materials management, including experience leading and managing a team
- Demonstrated skills and experience in warehouse throughput analysis, stores layout design, installation and commissioning – is essential
- Sound commercial skills and acumen, with a proven capability in negotiating
- Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
- The ability to negotiate with and influence internal and/or external stakeholders in a way that generates business benefit whilst maintaining key relationships
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
A White Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC) is required for this role and applicants must meet ASIC eligibility requirements in order to obtain and maintain this clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Sally Porter, HR Advisor – Recruitment and made on-line at www.baesystemscareers.com.au
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html