Commercial Officer | NSW-Williamtown
|Category:||Contracts, Purchasing & Procurement|
|Position Type:||Fixed Term|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||06-Jul-2018|
- Meaningful commercial role with global Defence organisation
- Fixed-term role until December, 2019
- Williamtown (Newcastle), or Tamworth, New South Wales - location
BAE Systems Australia's core values of Trusted, Innovative and Bold under-pin everything we do. Applications are now sought from experienced and dynamic Commercial Officers for a key role within our Aerospace business unit, Training and Air Combat Support team, based in either Williamtown, or Tamworth, New South Wales.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, you will provide commercial support to assist the project teams to effectively manage the phase out of a major training program. This position will provide you with exposure to a global defence organisation and a mature commercial structure, which will equip you with the skills to leverage your career to the next level.
Your proven commercial experience will see you:
- Provide advice and assistance to the project manager and commercial manager on commercial issues
- Administer BAE Systems' contracts, in accordance with company procedures, which will encompass liaison with customers on all contractual matters and resolution of commercial issues
- Coordinate management review and approval of bids and proposals
- Prepare draft business arrangements for projects with the Commercial Manager and track return, and execution, of agreements
- Support the Commercial Manager with the administration of Import/Export requirements, including International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), and Australian Customs and Defence Export Control Office (DECO) requirements for projects
- Review confidentiality and other agreements for Commercial Manager approval, and assist in preparation of Request for Bid Approvals review packs
As an ideal applicant, you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (Bachelor of Engineering, Project Management, Commerce, Law or Business Management) preferable, or demonstrated equivalent Commercial experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are important to this role, along with the ability to interact effectively with colleagues within and outside the immediate team, to implement business requirements
- Well-developed self-management skills and demonstrated ability to work under your own initiative to deliver outputs to time, quality and cost
- An ability to identify potential issues and develop solutions in conjunction with Estimating and Pricing Managers, within the function
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Applications should be addressed to: Sally Porter - Recruitment Specialist and made on-line at www.baesystemscareers.com.au
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html