PROJECT MANAGER | VIC-Williamstown
|Category:||Project Management, Scheduling & Estimating/Pricing|
|Attachments:|| Position Description_Grade 8.pdf (PDF, 114KB)
|Application Close Date:||01-Jul-2018|
- Make an impact at a large reputable company that values innovative ideas and flexible work practices
- Project Management leadership position available on a permanent and full time basis
- Williamstown, Victoria location
BAE Systems Australia's core values of Trusted, Innovative and Bold underpin everything that we do. We are a global Defence and security company with wide-ranging products and services to support and protect Australia's Defence forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services.
At BAE Systems we believe in giving our people inspired work now and into the future. An opportunity has arisen for a driven Project Manager to perform an integral role and provide leadership to our maritime sustainment business. This challenging and rewarding position will be based at our office in Williamstown, Victoria and will be offered on a permanent and full time basis.
As the Project Manager, you will:
- Lead the project team to successfully execute projects and be accountable for all aspects of project deliverable compilation and review leading to successful project review activity
- Lead and motivate the project team to achieve the required performance in terms of schedule, budget and quality
- Lead and manage multiple Engineering Change projects
- Ensure that the products and services delivered are in accordance with product safety and provide customer satisfaction
- Build and maintain positive customer and internal relationships
- Ensure that all members of the project team are engaged in understanding and proactively managing their contribution to product safety
- Monitor the project systems engineering design process
- Carry out project reviews to meet project and company review requirements
- Identify project opportunities and risks and develop mitigation strategies for pursuit throughout contract phases. Monitor and report on the status of risks and opportunities
- Ensure that the appropriate project resource requirements, to meet current and future needs, are committed to the projects
- Identify and develop new work, clarify scopes of work and timing and produce customer proposals
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- Extensive project management experience
- Demonstrated understanding of systems engineering processes, estimating schedules and cost control
- Team leadership experience
- Attention to detail and an understanding of project timelines/milestones
- The ability to negotiate with and influence internal and external stakeholders in a way which generates business benefit whilst maintaining key relationships
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Recruitment Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: BAE Systems Careers Australia
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html