Quality Officer | NSW-Garden Island
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||23-Jul-2018|
- Global company with multiple sites around Australia
- Major Defence Contract
- Garden Island, Potts Point with a complimentary bus service to and from the CBD
BAE Systems Australia's core values of Trusted, Innovative and Bold underpin everything that we do. We are a global Defence and security company with wide-ranging products and services to support and protect Australia's Defence forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services
As the Quality Officer, you will assist with the delivery of a broad range of planned quality activities designed to provide assurance to management that quality practices are being effectively deployed across the project.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Develop and maintain the project quality plan and applicable supporting project specific instructions
- Develop and improve the quality systems within the project
- Develop, implement and report on the value add project quality metrics which support the achievement of the business units and company's quality objectives while underpinning the acceptance of project products and services
- Develop and complete a balanced quality audit program which underpins the efficient delivery of project quality deliverables
- Manage the project non-conformances/non-compliances system
- Provide input and offer recommendations to improve company processes and standard procedures
- Ensure the product/service/maintenance inspection and test plans are developed, issued and address all contractual requirements to underpin the certification and acceptance of the product
As the ideal applicant you will have:
- Practical and extensive knowledge and experience in the application of quality within a defence program or similar discipline
- Preferred qualifications in engineering and/or quality
- Strong experience in a program quality role, particularly quality assurance and control
- An exceptional stakeholder relationship management focus
- An eye for detail and the ability to problem solve complex manufacturing issues
- Preferred Knowledge of the ISO, ISO9001
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Adrien Kingsley, Recruitment Specialist
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html