Service Desk Administrator | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||29-Jul-2018|
- Join a company that values innovative ideas and flexible work practices
- Work on the Jindalee Over the Horizon Radar – a critical element of Australia's key Defence surveillance asset
- Edinburgh Parks, permanent full-time, on-site parking
The Jindalee Operational Radar Network (JORN) has been a part of our nation's defence landscape for many decades and comprises three Over-The-Horizon-Radar (OTHR) systems to provide surveillance coverage of our northern border. BAE Systems has been awarded the contract to manage the upgrade of this 100 percent Australian solution that is strategically important to Australia's security. Joining this project you will experience an exciting and unique opportunity to grow with some of Australia's finest defence professionals in an iconic defence environment.
JORN is a network of three remote OTHR radars located in the Northern Territory, Queensland and Western Australia. The state-of-the-art defence system provides wide area surveillance at ranges of 1000 to 3000 km, and plays a vital role in supporting the Australian Defence Force's air and maritime operations, border protection, disaster relief and search and rescue operations.
As a member of our team, you'll enjoy competitive benefits, family friendly and flexible work practices, interesting work, unique career development opportunities and a culture that is built on trust, teamwork and pride in what we do.
- Initial point of contact for all IT related support request, providing first contact triage, diagnosis and resolution
- Ensure all helpdesk requests are completed efficiently
- Setup, maintain and support client desktop workstations/laptops (software/hardware)
- Troubleshooting on software applications, monitor and report any performance issues
- Liaise with vendor and key stakeholders on incident and problem management
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- Demonstrated experience in performing end user support
- Ability to provide effective technical support and documentation
- Ability to research, undertake technical problem analysis and resolution
- Possess excellent customer service skills with the ability to communicate with internal and external stakeholders
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Basic understanding of Windows server environments
- Proven ability to effectively work independently as well as in a team environment
- Possession of a relevant qualification in Information Technology (highly desirable)
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) may be applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Expressions of interest should be addressed to Vanessa Giles, Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html