Support Specialist | ACT-Canberra
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||23-Jul-2018|
- An exciting opportunity to join a leading defence organisation
- Consultative, people focused approach
- Based in Canberra, ACT
An exciting opportunity to be part of our organisation with advanced defence technology that protects people and national security, and keeps critical information and infrastructure secure.
For over 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across the air, maritime, land and cyber domains.
Working with our team in Canberra as the Support Specialist, you will report to the Project Engineering Manager and will be responsible for the support and operational maintenance of ICT equipment in accordance with the contractual and Company requirements in order to achieve the required business performance. This involves providing leadership for the deployment and support of ICT systems and software, including interconnection and integration related to communications equipment, installing and managing the ICT systems against technical, schedule and cost goals.
You will be expected to support to various projects in order to continue to provide a high level of operational service to the customer.
As a member of our team, you will enjoy competitive benefits, friendly work practices, interesting work, unique career development opportunities and a culture that is built on trust, teamwork and pride in what we do.
You contribution to the team will include:
- Supporting software produced by BAE Systems through the provision of Level 3 support at customer site
- Supporting the ICT equipment integration and validation to ensure that the design meets agreed requirements
- Utilising appropriate ICT test tools effectively to enable test, integration and verification tasks to be completed in the most timely manner
- Providing an interface between the software engineering team and BAE Systems management and customer representatives
- Supporting the installation of ICT systems to ensure its realisation and participation in production readiness reviews
- Undertaking ICT system design analysis to determine the strengths and weaknesses of number of candidate solutions
- Managing and tracking the execution of support activities with respect to quality and schedule
- Championing the use of 'Best Practice' support processes and methods across the project
- Providing an interface between the Software Engineering team and BAE Systems management and customer representatives
- Leading and managing the identification and resolution of issues associated with the provisioned system across remote sites
- Complying with the requirements of the BAE Systems quality systems as they relate to your areas of activity
Attributes and Experience:
- Significant experience in software and systems administration within the defence industry or related sector
- Diploma in ICT or engineering, desirable
- The ability to work independently and also in a team environment, think logically and provide solutions to potential problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, confident to engage at all levels across the organisation
- Proven record of building successful internal relationships across multiple business units and using influencing skills to achieve business outcomes
- Experience in providing EUC support functions, including on-site and remote support or similar experience supporting user environments
- Experience in 2nd and 3rd level application support, or similar
- Proven experience with web service technology, e.g. WCF, IIS
- Microsoft certifications, desirable
As defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must hold Negative Vetting Level 1 Security Clearance at minimum.
Applications should be addressed to Polly Buerano, Talent Sourcing Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualifications to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture, employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme. Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html