Export Control Officer | NSW-Garden Island
|Category:||Facilities Management & Security|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||27-Jul-2018|
- Global company with multiple sites around Australia
- Major Defence Contract
- Garden Island, Potts Point with a complimentary bus service to and from the CBD
BAE Systems Australia's core values of Trusted, Innovative and Bold underpin everything that we do. We are a global Defence and security company with wide-ranging products and services to support and protect Australia's Defence forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services
As an Export Control Officer, you will play a critical role for the Maritime sustainment program by being the primary point of contact for the business to support the export compliance requirement across the program.
As an Export Control Officer, you will:
- Be the primary point of contact for export control enquiries, providing advice and guidance on export control regulations and procedures
- Apply and implement export control compliance obligations for the business including complying with all export control policies and procedures and complying with relevant export control laws and regulations
- Implement the export control policies and procedures ensuring flowdown of the business unit compliance plans, contribute to the review of the policies and procedures, identify inefficiencies or potential improvements
- Understand the jurisdiction and classification on the relevant export control lists for all export control material
- Provide subject matter expert support to investigations and audits
- Lead the formation and maintenance of export control licences and agreements including initiating applications for import and export permits
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the risks associated with export control compliance, developing strategies to mitigate them and manage the export control risk register
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- Relevant export/trade control experience and expertise in the implementation of export/trade control laws to business activities
- Knowledge and an understanding of the risks associated with export/trade control
- The ability to conduct investigations and risk base audits
- Proactive, attention to detail and strong problem solving skills
- Commercial experience and the ability to interpret US Agreements such as Technical Assistance Agreements (TAA's) will be highly regarded
- A University degree qualification in an appropriate commercial or legal discipline will be highly regarded
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Applications should be addressed to: Adrien Kingsley, Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html