PRODUCTION MATERIALS AND WORK PREPARATION COORDINATOR | VIC-Williamstown
|Category:||Manufacturing, Production & Support|
|Attachments:|| Senior Work Centre Materials Coordinator_PD1064_G6.pdf (PDF, 85KB)
Duty Statement.docx (Word, 150KB)
|Application Close Date:||29-Jul-2018|
- Enjoy friendly work practices, strong team culture and interesting work at a global company
- Permanent and full time Production Materials and Work Preparation Coordinator position
- Williamstown, Victoria location
BAE Systems Australia's core values of Trusted, Innovative and Bold underpin everything that we do. We are a global Defence and security company with wide-ranging products and services to support and protect Australia's Defence forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services.
At BAE Systems we believe in giving our people inspired work now and into the future. We are seeking to appoint a self-driven Production Materials and Work Preparation Coordinator to make a valuable contribution and join our maritime sustainment business based at our office in Williamstown on a permanent and full time basis.
As the Production Materials and Work Preparation Coordinator, you will:
- Ensure material and prefab assemblies are on time to execute the work required to meet project requirements
- Produce work orders and jobs detailing the required information to allow Production and Technician teams to competently complete the designated work
- Raise purchase requisitions in various computer systems
- Perform warehousing activities including receipting of materials, packaging of materials and organising freight of goods
- Analyse and interpret productions drawings to perform work preparation activities
- Develop Bills of Materials through liaison with Project Engineers
- Collaborate with the Procurement function to ensure the correct materials are ordered and delivered on time
- Liaise with Technicians and organise work order or job materials for work carried out
- Produce material status reports for work orders to key stakeholders
- Investigate and resolve materials issues affecting scheduled release of work order planning
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- Relevant work preparation or materials coordination experience
- An understanding of the basic concepts of scheduling and the ability to interpret production drawings
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite in particular Excel
- Experience utilising Material Requirements Planning (MRP) systems and other computer systems
Whilst not essential, maritime/naval industry experience or production experience will be highly regarded.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Recruitment Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: BAE Systems Careers Australia
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html