Business Continuity Manager | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Facilities Management & Security|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||01-Aug-2018|
- Protect our business continuity in this key functional role
- Permanent and influential role
- Based in Edinburgh Parks, SA
At BAE Systems, our advanced defence technology protects people and national security, and keeps critical information and infrastructure secure. For over 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across the air, maritime, land and cyber domains. We employ a skilled workforce of some 3,500 people at over 25 locations across Australia, and work closely with local partners to support economic development by transferring knowledge, skills and technology. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
In terms of our work environment, it is inclusive, collaborative and we embrace innovation. We also enjoy a genuine commitment to safety, diversity and inclusion and to the development of our skills. Above all, it's the people at BAE Systems who make the difference.
We are currently looking to add to the team and seek an experienced Business Continuity Manager to facilitate the reduction and control of threats to ensure business continuity, the elimination of business interruption, while minimizing financial impact and adhering to legal/regulatory requirements. This position will provide leadership in all aspects of Business Continuity and Crisis Management.
More specifically you will:
- Lead the oversight and implementation of business continuity and crisis management plans, procedures and testing
- Interface with management and regulatory auditors,
- Implement and support contingency planning, risk management, business and disaster recovery:
- Identify potential business interruptions, develop safeguards against these interruptions, and implement recovery procedures in the event of a business interruption.
- Work with insurance to implement vendor agreements to safeguard against a disaster event
- Provide documentation and training on contingency planning concepts and procedures
- Review the procedures around safeguarding data processing operations
- Communicate all business continuity management/crisis management activities to the wider community and produce relevant management reporting
- Maintain effective relationships and coordination with key external stakeholders where relevant as well as with key local functions and business representatives
- Provide leadership and support to the BCM community in regards to training, reviewing and testing of business continuity and crisis management plans
- Review and approve improvement proposals raised in the business management system (BMS) which relate to BCM
- Perform annual reviews and updates to the suite of BCM documentation to reflect changes
As an ideal applicant you will:
- Demonstrate experience of managing business continuity management desired practices and techniques
- Exhibit strong interpersonal and communication skills in order to build and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff and management
- Display a high level of personal integrity, discretion, initiative and self-motivation
- Proactively approach problem solving with a can do attitude
- Positively approach continuous improvement practises
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Lesley Mackman, Senior Recruitment Specialist
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: BAE Systems Careers Australia
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html