PROJECT MANAGERS | NSW - Pitt St
|Category:||Project Management, Scheduling & Estimating/Pricing|
|Attachments:|| Project Lead_PD1568_G7.pdf (PDF, 165KB)
|Application Close Date:||21-Aug-2018|
- Work for an organisation that values innovative thinking and flexible work practices
- New career opportunities for mid-level Project Managers to further grow and make their mark
- Pitt St CBD and North Ryde, New South Wales locations
At BAE Systems, our advanced defence technology protects people and national security, and keeps critical information and infrastructure secure. For over 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across the air, maritime, land and cyber domains. We employ a skilled workforce of some 3,500 people at over 25 locations across Australia, and work closely with local partners to support economic development by transferring knowledge, skills and technology. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
New opportunities are now available for mid-level Project Managers to join our Project Management Function to support delivery projects of national significance. You will be accountable for the planning and delivery of straight forward projects or a collection of discrete tasks with defined scope, and of sufficient scale, that require the application of project management. This includes planning, monitoring and control using appropriate project management skills and tools to ensure project deliverable requirements are met, including technical, cost and schedule goals. The positions are based in both Pitt St CBD and North Ryde, New South Wales locations and will be offered on a permanent and full time basis.
In more specific terms, you will:
- Liaise with the project's sponsor and/or customer
- Ensure all project requirements and/or objectives are properly documented in a Business Case and/or Project brief, as appropriate and vigorously pursued
- Coordinate assigned project team members, ensure timely activity, integration and efficient use of time and resources to meet requirements
- Establish appropriate key success indicators and recommend trade-offs between scope, quality, time and cost
- Build and maintain key customer relationships by being a focal point for customer contact
- Maintain and improve relationships with all suppliers, contractors and internal stakeholders
- Develop integrated schedules in Microsoft Project and/or OpenPlan
- Track and report progress and forecast final targets using Earned Value methodologies
- Document, obtain approval, and track all changes in project scope and performance parameters
- Complete all closure and wrap-up activities upon project completion, including lessons learnt
- Contribute to business development activities including preparation of minor bids and campaigns
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
- A degree, diploma or post graduate qualification in Project Management
- Project management experience within an engineering organisation, preferably in defence environments
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills in order to work in a strong customer orientated environment
- The ability to motivate individuals and teams across a number of business areas, to shape outcomes and implement business requirements
- An ability to balance conflicting priorities to deliver against customer and business requirements, with appropriate stakeholder management
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
In terms of our work environment, it is inclusive, collaborative and we embrace innovation. We also enjoy a genuine commitment to safety, diversity and inclusion and to the development of our skills. Above all, it's the people at BAE Systems who make the difference.
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Recruitment Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: BAE Systems Careers Australia
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html