Procurement Officer/Expeditor | NSW - Pitt St
|Category:||Warehouse & Logistics Operations|
|Attachments:|| Procurement Officer_PD208_09_G5.pdf (PDF, 186KB)
|Application Close Date:||20-Aug-2018|
- Global company with multiple sites around Australia
- Major Defence Contract
- Pitt Street Location
BAE Systems Australia's core values of Trusted, Innovative and Bold underpin everything that we do. We are a global Defence and security company with wide-ranging products and services to support and protect Australia's Defence forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services
We are currently seeking an experienced self-driven Procurement Officer to support the establishment, placement and management of contracting arrangements with suppliers to deliver to project schedule and cost.
As the Procurement Officer, you will:
- Establish, place and manage appropriate purchasing and contracting arrangements with approved suppliers
- Deliver the cost, schedule, and quality and safety requirements across the business, which, through effective relationship and performance management, maximises value and minimises risk
- Build effective relationships with functional stakeholders within the business to define the requirements and source selection criteria
- Proactively maintain effective working relationships with suppliers, engage with key stakeholders to ensure a comprehensive and coordinated approach
- Undertake commercial negotiations with suppliers and finalise contractual requirements
- Manage supplier performance to achieve the requirements of the contract from a schedule, cost and quality perspective
- Support effective commercial management and administration of agreements and purchase orders, identify and resolve procurement/contract risks and disputes
- All referenced documents including drawings, technical specifications, parts lists, process requirements, statement of work, test and acceptance requirements are attached and their issue status is accurate
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- A working knowledge in Procurement and expediting
- The ability to establish and maintain good relationships with the customer, internal stakeholders and suppliers
- Ability to plan ahead and prioritise
- A high level of self-motivation, organisational ability and a can-do attitude
- Excellent communication skills – Written and verbal
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Adrien Kingsley, Recruitment Specialist
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html