Project Engineering Manager | VIC-Richmond
|Attachments:|| Engineering Manager_PD 853_Grade 8_AUSF 3020_F_WW13 (1).pdf (PDF, 95KB)
|Application Close Date:||24-Aug-2018|
- Join an organisation that values innovative ideas and flexible work practices
- A unique opportunity to utilise your engineering management experience
- Richmond, VIC location with onsite parking and close to public transport
At BAE Systems, we employ a skilled workforce of some 3,500 people at over 25 locations across Australia, Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
The Weapons Systems business unit is a hub of innovation and exciting projects. As an experienced Project Engineering Manager, you will have the opportunity to apply your engineering management skills to a project specialising in production and decoy system development activities. You will be part of a high-achieving team and be exposed to career expanding opportunities.
You will be accountable for ensuring that appropriate engineering processes are implemented on the project, and that the required resources are secured and managed through the life of the project.
In more specific terms, you will:
- Formulate the technical approach to the work to be performed, assigning and managing the resources to execute the engineering programme
- Monitor the progress of the engineering programme and implement corrective actions where necessary
- Provide coaching and mentoring to the team with a commitment to the development of the teams skills and capability
- Have significant customer engagement responsibility, covering the customer technical community in the USA and Australia to ensure alignment of expectations, and development/maintenance of collaborative relationships
- Work with the Payload Lead to ensure appropriate technical and quality outputs are achieved by the Payload subcontractor
- Ensure that the common engineering processes employed within the program are compliant with approved company processes and project specific procedures
- Be responsible for ensuring that product integrity is maintained and that a high level of engineering performance is achieved, by ensuring that sound engineering principles are being adhered to
- Be flexible to travel to Canberra and the USA as required
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
- A tertiary engineering qualification and extensive engineering experience satisfying the requirements for membership of Engineers Australia
- A Negative Vetting Level 1 Defence Security Clearance
- An ability to lead and inspire teams - fostering a high performance culture, based on trust, accountability and respect
- Earned Value management systems development and planning experience
- An ability to negotiate with and influence internal and/or external stakeholders in a way which generates business benefit whilst maintaining key relationships
- A demonstrated ability to contribute and work in a cross-function team while ensuring specific responsibilities are achieved
- Knowledge of the industry in order to contribute to the commercial objectives of the business
In return you will:
Join a work environment that is inclusive, collaborative and where innovative ideas are embraced. You will work alongside passionate and motivated people who enjoy a genuine commitment to safety, diversity and to the development of our skills.
Enjoy benefits including:
- Real flexible working options - requests for part time work will be explored
- Comprehensive paid parental leave and keeping in touch program
- Financial, wellness and corporate partner programs
- Established reward and recognition program
- Eligibility to participate in our free Profit Share program
- A genuine commitment to safety, diversity and inclusion
- Ongoing training and development
If you are ready for your next challenge and excited about our offering then this is the time to make your move. Applications should be addressed to: Leah Golias, Senior Recruitment Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to maintain an appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: BAE Systems Careers Australia
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html