Commercial Manager | NSW-RAAF Base Wagga Wagga
|Category:||Contracts, Purchasing & Procurement|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||27-Aug-2018|
- Seeking a seasoned commercial leader!
- Support bids and operational contracts
- Excellent career opportunity, based in Wagga Wagga
BAE Systems Australia's core values of Trusted, Innovative and Bold underpin everything that we do. We are part of a global defence and security company with wide-ranging products and services to support and protect Australia's Defence Forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services.
BAE Systems Australia also offers a leading-edge aviation technical training capability for the Australian Defence Force, at the Defence Aeroskills Training Academy (DATA) in Wagga Wagga. An exciting opportunity is now available for an experienced commercial leader or someone seeking their next career step to join our Aerospace business at the Defence Aeroskills Training Academy (DATA). The Company offers flexible working arrangements and the position is offered on a full-time or part-time basis.
As the Commercial Manager, you will provide guidance and leadership to align with the business, bid and project teams, including management of significant commercial issues and leading commercial negotiations. You will be responsible for building business opportunities, supporting the implementation of BAE Systems' commercial policies, processes and practices, including the assurance of and adherence to functional governance requirements.
As a member of the leadership team, you will contribute to the overall management of the DATA Project in Wagga, the delivery of project outcomes and the development, implementation and achievement of strategic aims and financial performance.
In more specific terms, you will:
- Manage relationships with internal and external customers and suppliers as well as cross-business, functional requirements
- Support the implementation of commercial policies and practices, and be responsible for adherence to functional governance requirements
- Provide guidance to the business and projects on compliance with contract, BAE Systems corporate, Australian government and foreign government requirements for management of intellectual property and Australian Industry Capability
- Attend and contribute to project phase reviews, bid approval reviews, contract status reviews
- Identify and manage commercial risks and liabilities, develop cost-effective means of managing these risks and implement appropriate mitigation measures
- Prepare negotiating strategies and lead negotiating teams on commercial issues
- Prepare and deliver commercial management plans
- Support the business with continuous improvement initiatives
- Develop customer contract status review packs
As our ideal applicant for this key and influential role, you will present with:
- A degree qualification in Commercial, Contract or Business Management, or substantial experience gained in a similar role
- The ability to motivate individuals and teams across a number of business areas, to shape and implement business requirements coupled with an ability to balance conflicting priorities
- Experience in leading and developing a team with the ability to grow talent and foster a high level of engagement
- Superior communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills to be able to influence across all levels in a way which generates business benefit whilst maintaining key relationships
- A high level of commercial acumen with the ability to think strategically
- Finely tuned analytical and problem solving skills
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Sally Porter - Recruitment Specialist and made on-line at www.baesystemscareers.com.au
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html