System Engineeer - Platform (Mechanical) | WA-Rockingham
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||27-Aug-2018|
SYSTEM ENGINEER – PLATFORM (MECHANICAL)
- Join Australia's Defence industry leader
- Permanent position in a dynamic and challenging environment
- ROCKINGHAM, WA
BAE Systems is a global defence, aerospace and security company employing over 80,000 people worldwide. Our wide-ranging products and services cover air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services.
Responsible for developing and progressing assigned engineering change proposals through the Warship Asset Management Agreement (WAMA) Engineering Change Management process while acting as a Design Acceptance Representative.
- Act as the Project Engineer for contracted Engineering Change Projects.
- Develop, review and progress WAMA engineering project documentation.
- Actively participate in design reviews and technical workshops to champion achievement of CM baselines.
- Co-ordinate internal reviews of engineering artefacts delivered for design reviews to ensure they satisfy contracted requirements.
- Provide technical advice within delegation on engineering activities affecting ANZAC Platform (Mechanical) Systems.
- Engage and manage stakeholders within the WAMA.
- Review cost and schedule performance of contracted tasks reported via Monthly Progress Reports.
- Identification of availability periods for installation of engineering change projects.
- Arrange and participate in visits to WA-based ship and shore facilities for external stakeholders.
ATTRIBUTES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Tertiary qualifications in Mechanical Engineering to Degree level.
- Professional development sufficient to attain recognition as Chartered Professional Engineer with Engineers Australia in a relevant Engineering Stream.
- Considerable general engineering experience.
- Significant experience in applying Systems Engineering processes with ability to be the appointed Engineering Delegation as a Suitably Qualified and Experienced Person (SQEP) Level 3.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to organise and prioritise demands, handle multiple complex tasks simultaneously, set and meet deadlines and follow-through
- A Defence security clearance is required for this role, therefore applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role. Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Please apply to Dawn Porou – Recruitment Specialist by close of business Friday 17 August 2018. Your application should include a resume and a cover letter.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
If you are interested in learning more about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please click on this link: BAE Systems Careers Australia