Supply Chain Specialist Team Leader | NSW-Williamtown
|Category:||Warehouse & Logistics Operations|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||29-Aug-2018|
- Excellent opportunity to use your expertise as a Supply Specialist Team Leader
- Join a positive and energetic team
- Located in Williamtown (Newcastle), New South Wales
Expressions of interest are now sought from experienced Supply Specialists for upcoming roles located at our Williamtown office.
BAE Systems is Australia's most versatile Defence and Security company. These opportunities form part of BAE Systems Australia's globally recognised skills that have produced some of the world's most successful defence services and systems in support of current operations and deployments.
This Expression Of Interest seeks applications from Supply Chain Specialists, with defence supply system experience, with a focus on MILIS catalogue development and management. This is your opportunity to join our Aerospace team to support the ADF customer to establish relevant suppy chain capabilities to support operational squadrons. The Supply Specialist Supervisor is responsible for managing spares and inventory to meet the customer's requirements. You will be part of the Aerospace business in an inclusive and friendly team at our Williamtown precinct, in New South Wales.
As the Supply Specialist Team Leader, your responsibilities will include:
- Support and supervise a team to develop Defence Supply System MILIS Catalogue for assigned Consumables and Break Down Spares (BDS) from Commonwealth (CoA) stock, including drawdown, spares forecasting, and ongoing procurement requirements
- Supervise, manage and monitor inventory usage and provide reports
- Supervise and manage consumables and BDS activities, to ensure maximum and minimum levels are maintained, including managing transfer to customer store locations
- Supervise and manage batch, shelf-life, problematic substances and restricted items
- Supervise and manage delivery and movement of parts and materials according to predetermined schedules
- Supervise and manage the spares and inventory by carrying out necessary supply system transactions
- Supervise and conduct supply support activities including codification actions, priority demand management, obsolescence, and disposal management
- Supervise and provide support to develop and implement logistics processes and procedures, to meet customer requirements
As the ideal applicant you will have:
- Substantial experience in Procurement of Logistics, including 2 years leading and managing a team, along with diploma/degree level qualifications in a relevant discipline (Logistics/Procurement) - desirable
- Highly developed communication and customer relation skills
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and motivational skills
- The ability to work with minimal supervision to meet deadlines
- The ability to respond to new initiatives and changing conditions, along with the ability to resolve issues of a complex nature
- Knowledge of quality assurance principals and import/export awareness
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Sally Porter - Recruitment Specialist and made on-line at www.baesystemscareers.com.au
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html