Network Engineer | SA-DSTO
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||09-Sep-2018|
- Assist in specifying, designing & implementing aspects of the WAN and LAN networks
- Join a company that values innovative ideas and flexible work practices
- Edinburgh Parks, permanent full-time, on-site parking
The Jindalee Operational Radar Network (JORN) has been a part of our nation's defence landscape for many decades and comprises three Over-The-Horizon-Radar (OTHR) systems to provide surveillance coverage of our northern border. BAE Systems has been awarded the contract to manage the upgrade of this 100 percent Australian solution that is strategically important to Australia's security. Joining this project you will experience an exciting and unique opportunity to grow with some of Australia's finest defence professionals in an iconic defence environment.
JORN is a network of three remote OTHR radars located in the Northern Territory, Queensland and Western Australia. The state-of-the-art defence system provides wide area surveillance at ranges of 1000 to 3000 km, and plays a vital role in supporting the Australian Defence Force's air and maritime operations, border protection, disaster relief and search and rescue operations.
Within a cohesive team environment as the Network Engineer, you will be responsible for providing engineering development and support of computer communications equipment for computing systems. This will include designing computer networking architectures, programming network equipment, network fault finding and the preparation of engineering documentation.
- Assist in specifying, designing and implementing aspects of the WAN and LAN networks that meet or exceed industry standard best practices
- Provide network consultancy and assistance to customers, in the design, set to work and trouble-shooting of unclassified networks and customer deliverables
- Assist in ensuring that the network solutions and infrastructure meet the current performance, reliability, security and business requirements of the business or customer
- Assist in the proactive monitoring and maintenance of all existing network infrastructure, including the monitoring of Telco provided infrastructure to ensure compliance to service level agreements
- Assist in ensuring the day to day stability and operation of the network
- Provide assistance in all aspects of project infrastructure including Windows software stack; VMWare; Email technologies (SMTP, POP, IMAP); configuring and scripting firewalls; SQL Server and/or Oracle DBMS; Gateway system architecture and network fundamentals
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- Strong experience in network troubleshooting including, switching, routing, firewalls, VPN and network security
- Have a strong team focus and exceptional customer service ability
- Have strong and relevant industry experience in Network administration and infrastructure deployment in large multi-site environments
- Hold an Information, Communication and Technology Degree (ICT), or other Engineering related degree or relevant vendor certifications
- Have experience in a similar role preferably within the Defence sector
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) may be applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Expressions of interest should be addressed to Vanessa Giles, Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply. BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html