Storeperson | VIC-Richmond
|Category:||Warehouse & Logistics Operations|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||21-Aug-2018|
- Join a company that values innovative ideas and flexible work practices
- Permanent, full time opportunity
- Richmond, VIC based with on-site parking provided
At BAE Systems, we employ a skilled workforce of some 3,500 people at over 25 locations across Australia, Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
The Weapon Systems business is a hub of innovation and exciting projects. As a Storeperson within this line of business, you will play an integral role ensuring compliance to the receipt, dispatch, inventory and warehousing requirements. You will be part of an inclusive and supportive team and exposed to career expanding opportunities at our Richmond office which is also easily accessible by public transport and close to other facilities.
In more specific terms, you will:
- Receipt deliveries into the receiving database
- Count and check items against delivery documentation
- Match delivered items with relevant purchase order numbers
- Ensure delivered items are safely placed in bays
- Follow set processes in an accurate and timely manner
- Process pick tickets within required timeframes
- Ensured items are packed, stored and wrapped correctly to minimise damage during delivery
- Complete stocktake activities and raise discrepancies with the Senior Storeperson
- Perform Oracle transactions as required
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- Demonstrated warehousing experience and an eagerness to learn
- An appropriate qualification will be highly regarded (eg: Certificate III in Warehousing)
- Dangerous goods certification or willing to obtain
- Current Manual Drivers Licence
- Previous experience using ERP or warehouse management systems (Oracle, MILIS and Ultramain highly desirable)
- Self-motivated with the ability to work effectively under minimal supervision
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to work in a high pressure, fast paced environment
- A reliable team player with a flexible attitude and a strong work ethic
- A strong commitment to safe work practices
In return you will:
Join a work environment that is inclusive, collaborative and where innovative ideas are embraced. You will work alongside passionate and motivated people who enjoy a genuine commitment to safety, diversity and to the development of our skills.
Enjoy benefits including:
- Real flexible working options - requests for part time work will be explored
- Comprehensive paid parental leave and keeping in touch program
- Financial, wellness and corporate partner programs
- Established reward and recognition program
- Eligibility to participate in our free Profit Share program
- A genuine commitment to safety, diversity and inclusion
- Ongoing training and development
Applications should be addressed to: Leah Golias, Senior Recruitment Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
As Defence security and ASIC clearances are required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to maintain an appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: BAE Systems Careers Australia
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html