Hardware Engineers | SA-DSTO
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||30-Aug-2018|
- Take the next step in your career
- Multiple opportunities within a flagship defence project
- Edinburgh Parks, South Australia
The Jindalee Operational Radar Network (JORN) has been a part of our nation's defence landscape for many decades and comprises three Over-The-Horizon-Radar (OTHR) systems to provide surveillance coverage of our northern border. BAE Systems has been awarded the contract to manage the upgrade of this 100 percent Australian solution that is strategically important to Australia's security. Joining this project you will experience an exciting and unique opportunity to grow with some of Australia's finest defence professionals in an iconic defence environment.
To ensure these programs are delivered by the very best talent, we invite you to apply to join our team as a Hardware Engineer. You will be required to support the design and development of electronic/electrical systems and/or equipment in accordance with the contractual and company requirements in order to achieve the required business performance.
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- Experience in a similar role preferably within the Defence sector
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline (electrical engineering)
- Developed optimised electronic/electrical systems and/or equipment design analysis solutions
- Undertaken the translation of electrical/electronic equipment design into a manufacturable solution
- Undertaken the integration and validation of the electrical/electronic system and/or equipment including contributing to the integration and validation plans and reports
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels and across teams
As Defence security clearance is required for these roles, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) may be applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Expressions of interest should be addressed to Derek Blaschek, Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html