Project Engineering Manager | NSW-Garden Island
|Attachments:|| PEM PD.pdf (PDF, 422KB)
|Application Close Date:||06-Nov-2018|
- Global company with multiple sites around Australia
- New and Exciting senior leadership Opportunity
- Garden Island, Potts Point with a complimentary bus service to and from the CBD
BAE Systems Australia's core values of Trusted, Innovative and Bold underpin everything that we do. We are a global Defence and security company with wide-ranging products and services to support and protect Australia's Defence forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services
As a Project Engineering Manager, you will be an integral member of the business to manage the delivery of tasks provided from initiation to completion according to project schedule and cost.
In more specific terms, you will:
- Act as a member of the Engineering Lead Team to manage the tasks provided from initiation to completion and delivery of technical artefacts.
- Cultivate strong relationships with internal and external customers to leverage the wider teams to approach scope, requirements and systems engineering.
- Ensure that the teams are utilised effectively for Engineering development and production.
- Plan, monitor and control the development of technical solutions and outputs for each task.
- Develop the Project Engineering team through training, coaching, mentoring, employee management and retention programs
- Maintain and develop management processes and Engineering activities.
- Assist the Project Manager with allocated KPI's and providing relevant inputs when needed.
As the ideal applicant you will have:
- Tertiary engineering qualification and extensive engineering experience satisfying the requirements for membership of Engineers Australia
- An ability to lead and inspire teams - fostering a high performance culture, based on trust, accountability and respect
- Knowledge and familiarity working under an engineering governance framework
- Earned Value management systems development and planning experience
- Demonstrated ability to contribute and work in a cross-function team while ensuring specific responsibilities are achieved
- An ability to lead ongoing change in our engineering capability to meet the continuously changing needs of our business
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Adrien Kingsley – Recruitment Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html