Storage Engineer | SA-DSTO
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||02-Sep-2018|
- Install, configure & maintain Storage Area Networks (SAN)
- Join a company that values innovative ideas and flexible work practices
- Edinburgh Parks, permanent full-time, on-site parking
The Jindalee Operational Radar Network (JORN) has been a part of our nation's defence landscape for many decades and comprises three Over-The-Horizon-Radar (OTHR) systems to provide surveillance coverage of our northern border. BAE Systems has been awarded the contract to manage the upgrade of this 100 percent Australian solution that is strategically important to Australia's security. Joining this project you will experience an exciting and unique opportunity to grow with some of Australia's finest defence professionals in an iconic defence environment.
JORN is a network of three remote OTHR radars located in the Northern Territory, Queensland and Western Australia. The state-of-the-art defence system provides wide area surveillance at ranges of 1000 to 3000 km, and plays a vital role in supporting the Australian Defence Force's air and maritime operations, border protection, disaster relief and search and rescue operations.
As a member of our team, you'll enjoy competitive benefits, family friendly and flexible work practices, interesting work, unique career development opportunities and a culture that is built on trust, teamwork and pride in what we do.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of Storage Area Networks (SAN) and backup capabilities across all operating systems platforms
- Provide architecture as well as performance recommendations to System Administrators and DBAs
- Provision additional storage as required and monitor overall storage capacities
- Perform system and software patching, operating system updates and upgrades
- Perform hardware expansion, updates and replacements
- Maintain a technical documentation set for storage and backup solutions
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- Technical knowledge of, and experience with Linux, Unix or Windows-based systems and associated storage and backup systems
- Demonstrable experience with SAN storage and server infrastructure
- Ability to interact with business stakeholders and technical personnel at all levels
- Excellent written and oral and communication skills
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) may be applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Expressions of interest should be addressed to Vanessa Giles, Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply. BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html