Systems Security Engineer | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||21-Nov-2018|
- Seeking an exceptional Security Systems Engineer to assist our customers with complex IT systems
- Enjoy flexibility, family friendly work practices and a strong team culture
- Based in Edinburgh Parks, SA
At BAE Systems, our advanced defence technology protects people and national security, and keeps critical information and infrastructure secure. For over 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across the air, maritime, land and cyber domains.
We employ a skilled workforce of some 3,500 people at over 25 locations across Australia, and work closely with local partners to support economic development by transferring knowledge, skills and technology. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
We are excited to invite applications for an experienced Security Systems Engineer to join our Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance team.
As the Systems Security Engineer, you will assist in the development of the BAE Systems Australia business capability to provide information security products and services on various customer projects and activities.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Articulate and understand the problem in the business language of the client
- Ensure the problem and solution discovery incorporates enterprise level business analysis including people, process and technology considerations
- Provide leadership with regard to security aspects of any services or design solution proposal
- Map the technical elements of the proposed solution to the client's requirement
- Lead the development of the more comprehensive security requirements
- Work closely with the respective product architects, subject matter experts, consulting engineers and business analysts to develop the design
- Lead or conduct the development of security documentation or otherwise assist clients in identifying security regulatory requirements and activities
- Ensure the customer's problem is being satisfied by the proposed solution
- Understand the information security governance requirements
- Utilise system engineering principles such as to maximise the use of as-is BAE product capability and commercial off the shelf products
As then ideal applicant you will have:
- Significant experience in the information technology (IT) industry, including experience in information security
- Experience designing and implementing information security plans in complex IT environments
- Experience in operational IT security
- Extensive knowledge of networking topologies and protocols
- Strong communication and time management skills
As defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must hold a Negative Vetting Level 1 security clearance at minimum. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to Polly Buerano, Talent Sourcing Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme. Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html