Project Performance Lead | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Project Management, Scheduling & Estimating/Pricing|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||30-Sep-2018|
- Significant role managing schedule goals associated with assigned projects
- Join a leading organisation, be part of a challenging and rewarding team
- Edinburgh Parks, permanent full-time, on-site parking
The Jindalee Operational Radar Network (JORN) has been a part of our nation's defence landscape for many decades and comprises three Over-The-Horizon-Radar (OTHR) systems to provide surveillance coverage of our northern border. BAE Systems has been awarded the contract to manage the upgrade of this 100 percent Australian solution that is strategically important to Australia's security. Joining this project you will experience an exciting and unique opportunity to grow with some of Australia's finest defence professionals in an iconic defence environment.
JORN is a network of three remote OTHR radars located in the Northern Territory, Queensland and Western Australia. The state-of-the-art defence system provides wide area surveillance at ranges of 1000 to 3000 km, and plays a vital role in supporting the Australian Defence Force's air and maritime operations, border protection, disaster relief and search and rescue operations.
The Project Performance Lead is responsible for managing the performance measurement program to ensure the Sustainment Program meets its contractual and company requirements in order to deliver required business goals.
- Define, manage and monitor activities for the project level performance requirements
- Ensure all stakeholders who are undertaking related activities understand the respective responsibilities, processes, and time-frames
- Liaise with the Commonwealth to agree on performance measures and how they will be measured, recorded, validated and reported
- Own and manage a Performance Matrix and Plan; recording, analysing and reporting on performance measures
- Continuously refine and improve the metrics that makeup with performance measurement framework.
- Lead the Measurement Working Group
- Provide Project Management support to key projects within the Sustainment organisation
As the ideal applicant you will have:
- A relevant experience in a Project or Business Management role
- The ability to manage and prioritise your own activities to meet project deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively with internal/external stakeholders
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal, to be able to build and maintain relationships and negotiate effectively
- Intermediate to advanced MS Excel skills and a high level of computer literacy
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Expressions of interest should be addressed to Brenna Ryan, Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html