Structures Engineer | NSW-Williamtown
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||24-Sep-2018|
- Aircraft maintenance opportunity with global Defence company
- Key co-ordination role
- Located in Williamtown, New South Wales
Our Training and Air Combat Support team based in Williamtown (Newcastle), New South Wales have an exciting opportunity for Structural Engineers in search of a challenging and diverse role, set within an innovative and performance, and inclusive-driven culture.
Looking for a new challenge? Looking for a ‘great place to work'? Looking to join a team that value respect, trust, communication and accountability? Look no further, our Training and Air Combat Support team is the perfect choice for you!
Reporting to the Team Leader, as a Structural Engineer, you will be responsible for the design and development of structural systems. This involves the design, development and verification of design artefacts, production support and product delivery, to schedule and cost goals.
Applications are now sought from Structural Engineers, who possess the commitment to further enhance and support the business in this key operational role, based at our Williamtown site. Are you up for the challenge?
As a key member of the project team, this role will see you:
- Undertake structural detailed designs to meet project requirements, and in accordance with applicable standards and design directives
- Undertake site inspections and verifications
- Attend project meetings, and present structural designs
- Work effectively as part of the team and contribute towards the achievement of the team goals
- Provide regular status information to supervisors and project authorities
- Incorporate post design changes, as required from the production department, or the client
- Ensure all documents and artefacts are completed and managed in accordance with appropriate standard procedures and work instructions, including compliance with the required product change management and quality control processes
As our ideal applicant, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Aerospace, Civil, or Mechanical engineering with demonstrated professional competencies to satisfy the entry requirements for membership of the Institute of Engineers Australia
- Demonstrated experience within an aerospace structural engineering discipline, including experience on: design of structures; structural analysis using finite element packages; noise/acoustic analysis; development of shock and vibration test requirements, is essential
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work to deadlines with a flexible, determined and resourceful approach to work
- An ability to communicate effectively and accurately
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Sally Porter - Recruitment Specialist and made on-line at www.baesystemscareers.com.au
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html