Oracle Database Administrator | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||25-Sep-2018|
- An exciting opportunity to join a leading defence organisation
- Manage and support a large scale Oracle database and applications environment
- Located at our head office, in Edinburgh Parks, SA
Reporting to the Team Lead – UNIX , Database and Middleware, the Oracle Database Administrator will operate as a part of the Infrastructure team and will be responsible for day-to-day database administration tasks and provide high quality support and assistance to other teams. The role will include implementation of new technologies and database features as required to meet the business demands and address obsolescence issues that are identified
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Providing enterprise-wide support and assistance for database and middleware environment
- Managing all aspects of database operations including day-to-day support issues, event monitoring, diagnostic analysis, backups and recovery
- Administering Oracle E-business Suite 12.1 including patch deployment, cloning and general troubleshooting
- Administering Weblogic server and middleware applications.
- Assisting with the rollout of application changes in coordination with the various application teams
- Maintaining disaster recovery and business continuity strategies and systems in place to protect the ongoing availability of the database systems
- Proactively identifying system obsolescence and providing sound solutions.
- Undertaking out-of-standard-hours activity from time to time for high priority incidents
As the/an ideal applicant you will have:
- Formal qualifications in either Information Communication Technology, Engineering or similar
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills with an ability to work across all levels of an organisation
- Significant experience in database administration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, backup and recovery
- Experience in RAC , dataguard , RMAN
- Strong experience in Oracle e-business suite administration , patching , cloning OR
- Middleware – weblogic , SOA Suite , Webcenter
- Demonstrated confidence to work on a UNIX platform, managing the database and the application services
- Solid knowledge of SQL Server and/or Exadata will be a distinct advantage
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizen and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Michelle Dawson, Recruitment Specialist by COB, Thursday 21st September, 2018
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: BAE Systems Careers Australia
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
REMOVE IF NOT REQUIRED
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html