DRAFTING CAD/MODELLING SPECIALIST | VIC-Williamstown
|Category:||Draftsperson & Designer|
|Position Type:||Fixed Term|
|Attachments:|| Duty Statement.doc (Word, 195KB)
Senior Draftsperson_PD295_09_G6.pdf (PDF, 191KB)
|Application Close Date:||26-Sep-2018|
- Enjoy friendly work practices, strong team culture and interesting work at a global company
- 12 month fixed term Drafting CAD/Modelling Specialist position
- Williamstown, Victoria or Henderson, Western Australia location
BAE Systems is a global Defence and security company with wide-ranging products and services to support and protect Australia's Defence forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services.
An opportunity has arisen for a driven Drafting CAD/Modelling Specialist to perform an integral role for the National Drawing Office within our maritime sustainment business. This challenging and rewarding position can be situated in either our Williamstown, Victoria or Henderson, Western Australia location and will be offered on a 12 month fixed term and full time basis.
As the Drafting CAD/Modelling Specialist, you will:
- Support the National Drawing Office Capability Lead by taking ownership of the overall 3D drafting platform model and its associated outputs
- Develop and maintain the vision for the 3D model environment including analysing existing approaches and processes
- Manage 3D models and ensure the latest accurate baseline is available for review by draftspersons, engineering and program management in 3D visualisation viewer tools
- Manage the project baseline models and lead the merging of parts/assembly/local models into a holistic model. This includes maintaining an understanding of tasks in work and the skill set of the team undertaking 3D modelling
- Support the National Drawing Office Capability Lead to ensure that the modelling lifecycle (3D and 2D) processes are suitably documented and communicated
- Govern and modify 3D modelling requirements to ensure commonality across all 3D models and deliver group or one on one training to support
- Lead investigations into defects with the master assembly and associated parts, and proactively lead the rectification of these defects
- Support the development of the Common Parts Catalogue and maintain the validity of the 3D catalogue against the master catalogue list
- Support design reviews, focusing on problems such as shock clearance, clashes and ergonomics of the design while undertaking process improvement for reviews with the aim of making more efficient
- Support model maturity tracking capability development and implementation
- Assist in the development of current resources within the National Drawing Office in best practice modelling and model management
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- Relevant 3D drafting modelling and CAD management experience
- Experience with multi-location drafting modelling integration and development
- Proactive individual with strong problem solving skills and strong communication skills – written and verbal
- A continuous improvement focus and the ability to be self-driven to meet deadlines
Whilst not essential, 3D drafting modelling/CAD management experience in the maritime or oil and gas industry will be highly regarded.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Recruitment Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: BAE Systems Careers Australia
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html