MEASUREMENT LEAD | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Project Management, Scheduling & Estimating/Pricing|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||27-Sep-2018|
- Bring your project management and analytical skills to a role that is vital to our ability to deliver outcomes
- A critical role within a flagship defence project
- Edinburgh Parks, South Australia
The Jindalee Operational Radar Network (JORN) has been a part of our nation's defence landscape for many decades and comprises three Over-The-Horizon-Radar (OTHR) systems to provide surveillance coverage of our northern border. BAE Systems has been awarded the contract to manage the upgrade of this 100 percent Australian solution that is strategically important to Australia's security. Joining this project you will experience an exciting and unique opportunity to grow with some of Australia's finest defence professionals in an iconic defence environment.
To ensure this program is delivered on time and meeting our customers needs, we invite you to apply to join our team as a Measurement Lead. As a technically confident and analytical individual with a strong understanding of project management concepts, you will monitor and manage the performance of work in the JORN project.
In terms of specific responsibilities, in this role you will:
- Construct and maintain a performance measurement framework to monitor and manage the performance of both Support and Acquisition contracts on JORN
- Establish the project dashboard, tools and processes to enable visualisation of performance measures
- Be responsible for all aspects of integrated performance management across JORN
- Provide project status and metrics reporting on cost and schedule performance
- Collate, analyse and interpret data to help the business understand project health
- Liaise confidently and effectively with internal and external stakeholders
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- A valid and current defence clearance (clearance requiring reactivation is fine)
- Previous experience with an ASDEFCON project will be highly regarded
- Experience in a similar role preferably within the Defence sector
- Experience with a complex defence acquisition program desirable
- Familiarity with COBRA and Open Plan Professional (OPP) an Advantage
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline (Project Management, Business, Engineering)
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels and across teams
As Defence security clearance is required for these roles, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) may be applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Expressions of interest should be addressed to Derek Blaschek, Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html