Senior SHE Advisor | NSW-Williamtown
|Category:||Human Resources, Training & OHSE|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||02-Oct-2018|
- Excellent opportunity within a global Defence organisation
- Join a company that values innovative ideas and flexible work practices
- Williamtown, New South Wales location
BAE Systems Australia's core values of Trusted, Innovative and Bold underpin everything that we do. Passionate people work at BAE Systems and the team contributes to something really big – the defence of Australia.
Reporting to the SH&E Manager, the Senior Safety Health & Environment (SH&E) Advisor is responsible for providing technical support to line management and employees of the Training and Air Combat Support (TACS) line of business, and the coordination, maintenance and assurance of the SH&E management system.
Applications are now sought from dynamic and passionate SH&E professionals to support the business, based at our Williamtown site. Experience true work-life balance without compromising job satisfaction or career development, by joining our Aerospace team.
As the Senior Safety, Health and Environment Advisor, you will:
- Develop annual operational and improvement SH&E plans and procedures for the Williamtown site, ensuring compliance with the BAE Systems safety management system and AS4801 certification
- Provide support to the TACS SH&E resources to develop operational and improvement SH&E plans and procedures for the various sites
- Manage the implementation of SHE&E plans, systems and processes, including support in communicating these tools to employees and ensuring their actions are aligned to the documents
- Maintain and administer the SH&E risk register
- Monitor and analyse incident and risk trend data, to recommend/implement actions to counter trends of concern
- Conduct and review appropriate internal SH&E Maturity Matrix assessments and internal and external audits
- Manage the continuous improvement culture regarding SH&E, with employees and managers
- Develop and deliver a SH&E training plan across TACS
- Maintain key internal and external SH&E stakeholder relationships
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in SH&E or related discipline (i.e., environmental, safety engineering), along with substantial experience in SH&E positions (preferably operational roles), with significant responsibilities, including managing employees and influencing stakeholders
- Ability to motivate individuals and teams across a number of business areas, to shape and implement business requirements
- Ability to balance conflicting priorities, to deliver against customer and business requirements, with appropriate stakeholder management
- Ability to use and adapt written and verbal communication skills to suit a variety of different audiences, is critical to this role
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Sally Porter - Recruitment Specialist and made on-line at www.baesystemscareers.com.au
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html