Systems Engineer | ACT-Canberra
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||07-Feb-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Be part of the expanding Satellite Communications support team
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
An opportunity now exists for a talented Systems Engineer to join our team in Canberra.
As the Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for providing systems engineering and related support to SATCOM projects to ensure our Satellite Communications systems continue to evolve to provide the maximum benefit to the Australian Department of Defence.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Provide Systems Engineering support to SATCOM projects
- Provide non-core engineering support to SATCOM projects including:
- Safety engineering
- Minor electrical engineering
- Installation design
- Equipment installation
- Integration and formal testing
- Obsolescence management
- Develop and manage system requirements and design documents
- Perform system engineering activities specifically requirements management, functional analysis, candidate solution development, system design, system analysis, integration, system tests, acceptance tests and certification
- Perform analyses to define and characterise the system and its components
- Ensure both mission system and support system products meet their requirements and are fit for purpose
- Develop statements of work and technically manage suppliers
- Participate in ensuring that the design meets all regulatory requirements
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
- Significant experience in Systems Engineering and satellite communications systems
- Tertiary degree or qualifications in ICT or Engineering
- Knowledge and experience with UNIX, SCADA, or SNMP monitoring and control systems
- Experience managing software acquisition
- Experience in Australian Defence projects
- Knowledge and experience with EIA-632 or ISO 15288
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain a Negative Vetting Level 1 Security Clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Polly Buerano, Talent Sourcing Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystems.careers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html