Application Analyst | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||02-Oct-2018|
- Use your exceptional Java skill in this key analyst role
- Enjoy flexibility, family friendly work practices and a strong team culture
- Based in Edinburgh Parks, SA
At BAE Systems, our advanced defence technology protects people and national security, and keeps critical information and infrastructure secure. For over 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across the air, maritime, land and cyber domains.
We employ a skilled workforce of some 3,500 people at over 25 locations across Australia, and work closely with local partners to support economic development by transferring knowledge, skills and technology. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
We are excited to invite applications for an experienced Application Analyst to join our team.
As the Application Analyst in the Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) team and based within our head office, you will be responsible for technical and functional software product support, maintenance and development.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Assist with stakeholder management, user support, analysis, development, testing and production delivery coordination
- Contribute to timely responses and recommendations on support requests and continuous improvement strategies to customer problems and queries
- Contribute to identifying and resolving application malfunctions
- Develop and contribute to the definition of general specifications and support documentation
- Assist in adapting and configuring application software packages
- Create/assemble modules (application objects and components)
- Assist in the design and configure test cases for integration and unit tests, perform unit tests
- Perform and validate solution prototyping
- Participate in the monitoring performance against quality assurance plans, service level agreements and service continuity
- Administer reusable software components and update the nomenclature
- Develop knowledge of developing technologies and their application
As the ideal applicant you will have:
- Experience in a relevant Information, Communication and Technology (ICT) environment where you had a focus on customer support
- An understanding of Java, Windows based desktops and web technologies
- A can do attitude and the ability to take direction
- A strong customer service focus with excellent communication skills
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Lesley Mackman, Senior Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: BAE Systems Careers Australia
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.