Enterprise Architect | NSW-Garden Island
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||05-Oct-2018|
- Work on cutting edge technology in an organisation that values innovative thinking and flexible work practices
- Engage and influence senior stakeholders so that we are positioned to deliver successful solutions
- Sydney, Garden Island or Melbourne, Williamstown location
At BAE Systems, we employ a skilled workforce of some 3,500 people at over 25 locations across Australia, Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
An exciting opportunity has become available to join our maritime sustainment business as an Enterprise Architect. This is a unique, opportunity to bring cutting edge technology to a new domain, one that will appeal to a passionate individual who naturally thinks across broad ways of solving problems and is prepared to champion innovation and change. As the Enterprise Architect, you will work on a deployment of an Enterprise Asset Management Capability in the maritime domain on a project that is at the proof of concept stage.
In more specific terms you will:
- Liaise with client stakeholders to determine their needs and objectives of the desired system and ensure that all developed designs satisfy end user needs
- Be responsible for architecting the total solution, enabling its adoption via a change programme
- Be accountable for ensuring acceptance of associated document deliverables for the related People, Process and Technology solutions
- Engage and work closely with key stakeholders to deliver an effective solution
- Identify and manage the technical risks associated with the solution development and integration programs
- Ensure that the design meets all statutory regulatory requirements
- Act as the primary point of contact for the customer for issues relating to overall technical solution
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
- Demonstrated proven experience handling third party system integrations as part of an integrated solution with through life supportability designed in:
- Data Migration and orchestration/Data Quality functionality e.g. managing an ESB provider
- Implementation and integration of 3rd party ERP solution
- Integration of other functionality such as Business Intelligence software/ 3D visualisation software etc.
- Significant experience in an IT environment with a broad understanding across a range of technologies including engineering and business systems and an understanding of the wider business direction and strategy
- Demonstrated experience at a senior level working in a software/engineering/systems integration organisation
- Extensive expertise across a broad technology base and experience in complex ICT projects
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to build and maintain strong stakeholder relationships
- Exceptional leadership skills to coach, mentor and develop a small team
- Ability to work in a complex and at times ambiguous environment
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to maintain an appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: BAE Systems Careers Australia
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html