Senior Project Accountant | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Finance, Accounting & Accounting Support|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||28-Sep-2018|
At BAE Systems, our advanced defence technology protects people and national security, and keeps critical information and infrastructure secure. For over 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across the air, maritime, land and cyber domains. We employ a skilled workforce of some 3,500 people at over 25 locations across Australia, and work closely with local partners to support economic development by transferring knowledge, skills and technology. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
To meet the needs of our growing business, we welcome applications from experienced Senior Project Accountants.
As a Senior Project Accountant you will be responsible for:
- Preparing and reviewing project specific monthly reports and reviews, variance reporting versus prior forecasts and budgets and project reconciliations
- Overseeing Foreign Exposure (FX) management and hedging to minimise FX exposure
- Overseeing and reviewing contract change proposals and subcontract change proposal pricing
- Coordinating and assisting in the preparation and review of the annual budget, five year integrated business plan and monthly re-forecast
- Coordinating finance inputs into the quarterly estimate at completion process
- Operating, maintaining and improving budgeting and forecasting processes for the project
- Overseeing project billing and subcontractor payments including price variation
- Ensuring a robust project accounting system is implemented and maintained
As the ideal applicant you will have:
- Chartered Accountant (CA) or Certified Practising Accountant (CPA) qualifications
- An excellent work ethic and positive attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong influencing skills and the ability to engage with stakeholders including senior managers
- The ability to work autonomously as well as within a team
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to gather, understand and analyse data
As Defence security clearance is required for these roles, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) may be applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Expressions of interest should be addressed to Brenna Ryan, Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html