COMBAT SYSTEMS ENGINEERS - SEA 5000 | SA-Adelaide CBD
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-Oct-2018|
- Systems Engineers required to work within the BAE Systems Australia Engineering Teams
- A variety of opportunities will exist across SEA 5000 and other BAE Systems Australia projects
- Adelaide will be the central location for SEA 5000 Combat Systems activities
We're seeking expressions of interest from engineers wanting to work within the Combat Systems domain area of SEA 5000 Future Frigate program, otherwise known as the Hunter Class. Over the coming months we will be adding to, growing and further developing our existing capability within Combat Systems engineering and the broader systems engineering teams to support SEA 5000 along with additional BAE Systems Australia projects.
Adelaide is where the Combat Systems centre of excellence for SEA 5000 will be based and therefore our focus at this stage is to identify individuals who are either currently located in Adelaide or willing to relocate to Adelaide in the coming months. In addition to Adelaide, Melbourne is a location of interest to us as BAE Systems looks to grow its overall engineering capability in Australia.
We encourage junior engineers through to engineering management level of experience to apply and express your interest at this exciting time. BAE Systems is committed to growing the overall naval engineering capability in Australia, meaning we're equally keen to hear from engineers within defence industry but also from engineers in adjacent industries excited by the technology and opportunities this will create.
We're mainly looking for engineers with qualifications and experience in:
- Software Engineering
- Hardware Engineering
- Communications Engineering
- Complex Electronic Systems Engineering
- Electro Mechanical Systems Engineering
More specifically, we will require engineers to work in the following areas and carry out activities such as;
- Engineering management of suppliers, ensuring correct specification, implementation and verification of product and interface requirements
- Experience in working to strict engineering and government standards
- System integration including specification of interfaces and Enterprise Level Agreements between system components
Systems Performance Modelling
- Complex software modelling of sensors, command and control systems and weapon systems
- Integration of software models into a complex modelling environment
- Design of test scenarios and analysis of statistical results
- Physical installation of complex electronic equipment within a highly constrained physical environment
- Specifying physical interface between equipment, ensuring supplier data is correct and recorded within a central data repository
Systems Test and Trials
- Planning complex and interrelated test activities of electrical, electronic and mechanical systems
- Conducting test and commissioning activities across a multi-disciplined environment, to a defined schedule
- Experience in equipment control systems, remote monitoring, definition of equipment control interfaces and managing supplier data
Please be aware that whilst we are about to embark on a recruitment campaign for the above skills and experience, we are only at EOI stage and therefore please bear with us as we move through the SEA 5000 mobilisation phase and understand that timeframes for us to respond won't necessarily be immediate.
To work on SEA 5000 Combat Systems you will be required to obtain an Australian Defence security clearance, therefore applicants need to be current Australian Citizens.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Chris Money, Recruitment Manager Hunter Class.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
During your application you will have the opportunity to select the type of role within our Combat Systems Engineering team that best suits your experience. Please the one role that suits you best. Please rest assured we will consider you broadly.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: BAE Systems Careers Australia
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html