PRODUCTION PLANNING TEAM LEAD | VIC-Williamstown
|Category:||Manufacturing, Production & Support|
|Attachments:|| Duty Statement - Production Planning Team Lead.doc (Word, 169KB)
|Application Close Date:||28-Oct-2018|
- Join a global company that values innovative ideas and flexible work practices
- Seeking a driven Production Planning Team Lead on a permanent and full time basis
- Williamstown, Victoria location
BAE Systems Australia's core values of Trusted, Innovative and Bold underpin everything that we do. We are a global Defence and security company with wide-ranging products and services to support and protect Australia's Defence forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services.
We are seeking to appoint a committed and savvy Production Planning Team Lead to be an integral member and partner with our Maritime Sustainment business based at our Williamstown, Victoria location. This key role will report to the Planning Manager and will be offered on a permanent and full time basis.
As the Production Planning Team Lead, you will:
- Manage a team of production planners undertaking the planning and development of production job cards
- Work collaboratively with project stakeholders to ensure the timely delivery of planning deliverables, maximise efficiency and the utilisation of the Work Centre Planning team members
- Manage the priorities and deliverables of the Work Centre Planning team
- Monitor and improve the quality and reliability of production job cards
- Gain and maintain a strong understanding of internal customer requirements
- Produce and maintain effective reporting of work centre planning actual deliverables against 4, 8, and 12 week look ahead schedules
- Develop, update, and maintain planning processes, procedures, and workflows
- Provide input to and support detail planning and project planning activities
- Contribute to the leadership of the planning department, and the development and mentoring of planning team
- Contribute to and champion continuous improvement across planning activities
- Develop and contribute to improvement opportunities within the design, drafting, and detail planning arenas
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- Extensive production planning experience or other relevant experience
- Demonstrated team leadership experience or willingness to develop team leadership skills
- Relevant experience in a manufacturing environment and an understanding of the engineering design lifecycle
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience utilising a broad range of software packages
- Self-motivation and strong problem solving skills
Whilst not essential, production planning experience within the maritime industry will be highly regarded.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Recruitment Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: BAE Systems Careers Australia
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html