Systems Engineer | ACT-Canberra
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||26-Oct-2018|
- An exciting opportunity to join a leading defence organisation
- Be part of the expanding Satellite Communications support team
- Based in Canberra, ACT
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects our nation, and keeps critical information and infrastructure secure. For over 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across the air, maritime, land and cyber domains.
We employ a skilled workforce of some 3,500 people at over 25 locations across Australia, and work closely with local partners to support economic development by transferring knowledge, skills and technology. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
We are excited to invite applications for experienced Systems Engineers to join our SATCOM Team in Canberra.
As the Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for working with other members of the systems team, under the direction and in support of the Systems Manager. You will also work with the other project design and support teams to ensure a systems orientated, integrated approach is taken with respect to the project engineering development and verification activities.
As a member of our team, you'll enjoy competitive benefits, family friendly and flexible work practices, interesting work, unique career development opportunities and a culture that is built on trust, teamwork and pride in what we do.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Develop and manage system requirements and design documents (system & subsystem specifications, product breakdown structure, design documents, component specifications, interface specifications, etc.)
- Ensure compliance with engineering lifecycle to ensure:
- Engineering requirements are fully captured, managed, analysed and understood
- Functional behaviour of the product is established
- All candidate solution concepts are considered and that the chosen solution concept is technically feasible
- Design satisfies all of the requirements and that it represents the chosen solution concept
- System Analysis is performed and identify issues to be addressed
- Activities within the harmonisation implementation process are carried out
- Integration and system tests (DT&E) are fully planned and then performed according to the plans
- Higher level tests are supported and that all of the requirements have been met in the product, and that there is sufficient evidence to demonstrate this
- Communicate with customer representatives
- Participate in system design and subsystem partitioning to achieve robust modular architectures
- Perform analyses to define and characterise the system and its components
- Use domain, discipline and systems engineering understanding to ensure enabling, supporting and delivered products robustly and demonstrably meet their requirements and are fit for purpose
- Develop work statements and technically manage suppliers
- Participate in ensuring that the design meets all statutory regulatory requirements
- Develop and execute system tests and agree component tests which will ensure that the implemented designs conform to their specifications
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
- Tertiary degree or qualifications in ICT or Electrical Engineering
- A strong understanding of systems engineering practises and engineering methods as applied to the development of military equipment and services
- Experience in effective use of engineering process, methods, tools and infrastructure
- Ability to train and mentor engineers through good team building skills
- Demonstrated good communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with employees and customers at all levels
- Experience in Australian Defence projects
As defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must hold a Negative Vetting Level 1 security clearance at minimum. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to Polly Buerano, Talent Sourcing Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme. Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html