Procurement Officer | QLD-Portsmith
|Category:||Contracts, Purchasing & Procurement|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||30-Oct-2018|
MARITIME AND INTEGRATED SYSTEMS
HYDROGRAPHIC IN SERVICE SUPPORT
- A unique career opportunity
- Commercial and Procurement
- Cairns QLD - Permanent position
BAE Systems is a global defence, aerospace and security company employing over 80,000 people worldwide. Our wide-ranging products and services cover air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services.
This new role reports into the senior Procurement Officer and is responsible for providing purchasing advice and reporting services. In addition you will provide subject matter expertise within the organisation's Supply Chain Management Module (Oracle) for the Cairns HISS Project and the end user.
- Work in conjunction with Finance, Maintenance and Supply Support to process Purchase Orders
- Create and release purchase orders
- Run weekly reports
- Support the waterfront team during an EMP with obtaining quotations from Approved Suppliers
- Maintain the wet-signed/hard copy filing system for Commercial and Procurement in Cairns
- Enter Suppliers into the Supplier Evaluation Dashboard
- Assist the Procurement Officer with obtaining information for Advanced Payments
- Attend local Procurement Information sessions and updates to provide subject matter expert advice within the Oracle system.
As the ideal applicant you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in commercial, procurement or studying towards (highly desirable)
- Demonstrated experience in procurement
- Advanced skills in use of business tools including; Oracle, MS office particularly Excel
- Previous experience working in the Defence, Maritime or Resources industry
- Technical knowledge of military and/or commercial material specifications
- Effective written and verbal communication skills and the ability to maintain positive working relationships with key stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to gather, understand and analyse data
- Team orientated, self-motivated and the ability to effectively set priorities
- A Defence security clearance is required for this role, therefore applicants must be Australian Citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
- International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) is applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Please submit your application including your CV and a cover letter to detail your experience to Dawn Porou by close of business Friday 26 October 2018.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
If you are interested in learning more about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please click on this link: BAE Systems Careers Australia
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html in order to obtain and maintain this clearance.