IT SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR (END USER COMPUTING) X2 POSITIONS | VIC-Williamstown
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||17-Nov-2018|
- Enjoy friendly work practices, strong team culture and interesting work at a global company
- IT Systems Administrator gurus wanted to join our Information, Management and Technology team
- Williamstown, Victoria OR Edinburgh Parks, South Australia locations
BAE Systems Australia is a global Defence and security company with wide-ranging products and services to support and protect Australia's Defence forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services. The Information, Management and Technology (IM&T) team is integral to the delivery of this work.
Passionate people work at BAE Systems and the team contributes to something really big – the defence of Australia. Exciting opportunities have arisen for two innovative IT Systems Administrators (End User Computing) to join the IM&T team on a permanent basis and make valuable contributions. These challenging and rewarding positions will report to the Lead Systems Administrator and can be situated either at our Williamstown, Victoria location or our Edinburgh Parks, South Australia location.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Assist in ensuring that the End User Computing (EUC) environment and its management infrastructure platforms meet the current performance, reliability, and security requirements
- Assist with the planning, design, and implementation of EUC subsystems by utilising best practice approaches to develop, test, evaluate, and install enhancements and new systems that meet architectural, customer and business requirements
- Plan and implement the upgrade/patching of Windows operating systems and management infrastructure
- Package, deliver and support applications operating within the EUC environment
- Assist with the recommendation of hardware/software solutions for customer requirements as they apply to and in support of the EUC environment
- Undertake incident and service request resolution for the services within the portfolio in line with service level expectations
- Communicate with vendors to resolve technical issues
- Maintain existing configuration and support documentation
- Educate customers in EUC environment concepts and troubleshooting techniques
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- A passion for working in Information Management and Technology and a keen eye for innovation
- Strong communications skills with the ability to interact effectively with customers, suppliers and team members
- Demonstrated problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Relevant systems administration experience supporting End User Computing (EUC)/Standard Operating Environment (SOE) systems and infrastructure
Whilst not essential, experience/knowledge of the following technologies will be highly regarded:
- Microsoft Desktop & Server OS (Win7/10 & Server 2012/2016)
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager
- McAfee Endpoint security suite (EPO, AV, HIPS, ENS, DLP)
- VMWare (Horizon and/or Airwatch)
- Scripting (Powershell)
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Talent Acquisition Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: BAE Systems Careers Australia
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html