Junior Linux Systems Administrator | SA-DSTO
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||15-Nov-2018|
Junior Linux Systems Administrator
- Motivated Junior Linux Administrator required to work on an iconic Defence asset
- Opportunity to grow your capability within a flagship Defence Project
- Based at the DSTG, Edinburgh Parks, South Australia
The Jindalee Operational Radar Network (JORN) has been a part of our nation's defence landscape for many decades and comprises three Over-The-Horizon-Radar (OTHR) systems to provide surveillance coverage of our northern border. BAE Systems has been awarded the contract to manage the upgrade of this 100 percent Australian solution that is strategically important to Australia's security. Joining this project you will experience an exciting and unique opportunity to grow with some of Australia's finest defence professionals in an iconic defence environment.
As a member of our team, you'll enjoy competitive benefits, family friendly and flexible work practices, interesting work, unique career development opportunities and a culture that is built on trust, teamwork and pride in what we do.
To ensure our programs are delivered by the very best talent, we invite you to apply to join us as a Linux Engineer. As a Linux Engineer, you will perform engineering development and administration of project UNIX and Linux systems as well as performing secondary functions such as fault detection, performance monitoring, general systems management and provision of direct user level support..
In terms of specific responsibilities in this role, you will:
- Design, build, and, deploy Linux changes into the project environment
- Develop and implement technical solutions for Linux defects and enhancements
- Produce relevant artefacts associated with changes to the system
- Contribute to the completion of thorough acceptance testing of approved changes during deployments
- Provide input into updates and enhancements of the Linux SOE
- Deliver direct user, application support and troubleshooting of system issues
- Provide secondary database administrative function
As an ideal applicant you will:
- Possess or be eligible to obtain Defence Security Clearance
- Have some relevant industry experience in Linux/UNIX system administration and infrastructure deployment in large multi-site environments
- Hold an Information, Communication and Technology Degree (ICT), or other Engineering related degree or relevant vendor certifications or Systems Administrator experience
- Be willing to provide out of hours support coupled with a can do attitude
- Have a strong team focus and exceptional customer service ability
- Be familiar with configuration management and monitoring tools such as Satellite, Ansible and Nagios
- Have experience in a similar role preferably within the Defence sector
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) may be applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Expressions of interest should be addressed to Derek Blaschek, Talent Acquisition Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html