1st Class Machinist - Night Shift | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Position Type:||Fixed Term|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||23-Nov-2018|
- Multiple 12 month fixed term night shift roles available
- January 2019 start
- Based in Edinburgh Parks, SA
At BAE Systems, our advanced defence technology protects people and national security, and keeps critical information and infrastructure secure. For over 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across the air, maritime, land and cyber domains.
We employ a skilled workforce of some 3,500 people at over 25 locations across Australia, and work closely with local partners to support economic development by transferring knowledge, skills and technology. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
We are excited to invite applications for experienced Machinists to join the night shift team. As the Machinist, you will be responsible for all computer numerical control (CNC) machining tasks associated with defence requirements.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Undertaking CNC component machining on a range of defence projects to meet scheduled requirements
- Ensuring that all appropriate documentation for engineering systems and defect reporting are incorporated for traceability
- Liaising with BAE Systems' Quality staff to ensure compliance with project quality requirements
- Complying with BAE Systems Safety, Health and Environment procedures with the requirements of the BAE Systems' Quality systems as they relate to respective areas of activity
- Alerting the organisation to potential or known problems that affect the quality of BAE Systems' products and services
- Providing input and offering recommendations for the improvement of company processes and procedures
- Validating parts as they are manufactured
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- A Fitter Machinist trade certificate
- CNC machining and programming experience
- The ability to obtain and maintain a defence security clearance of “Baseline” and be cleared for International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
- A strong team focus and a can do attitude
- The ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders
- The availability to work from 11pm until 7.30am
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Shane Blogg, Talent Acquisition Specialist
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: BAE Systems Careers Australia
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html