Quality Manager | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||23-Nov-2018|
- Join a leading defence organisation
- Lead the quality support needs and delivery to ensure effective mobilisation of new projects
- Based in Edinburgh Parks, SA
An exciting opportunity to be part of our organisation with advanced defence technology that protects people and national security, and keeps critical information and infrastructure secure.
For over 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across the air, maritime, land and cyber domains.
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects our nation, and keeps critical information and infrastructure secure. For over 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across the air, maritime, land and cyber domains.
We employ a skilled workforce of some 3,500 people at over 25 locations across Australia, and work closely with local partners to support economic development by transferring knowledge, skills and technology. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
We are excited to invite applications for the role of Quality Manager within our team based at Edinburgh Parks, SA.
Reporting to the Head of Quality, the Quality Manager will pro-actively lead the development of the company's Quality Management System and the integration thereof into the organisation's Business Management System with other functionally focussed management system frameworks.
As a member of our team, you'll enjoy competitive benefits, family friendly and flexible work practices, interesting work, unique career development opportunities and a culture that is built on trust, teamwork and pride in what we do.
You contribution to the team will include:
- Leading and managing the quality reporting and analysis structures for the organisation, collating the business level quality reports
- Providing assessments of cross functional process integration, workflow analysis, process mapping information, recommendations for improvement to the Business Management System (BMS) assets (using the Change Request System)
- Completing quality assurance underlying data and metrics analysis, and manage timely and efficient monthly and quarterly quality reporting structures, including the Management Board and Audit Review Board reporting
- Contributing to the development of audit and other assurance related processes, including training and coaching of assurance providers, within BAE Systems Australia to continuously improve the overall quality of audit work and its value to business
- Supporting and influencing the integrity of quality led audits and integrated audit activities across the business, including supporting the integrated assurance audit schedule and the structure and delivery of quality directed audit and other assurance activities
- Facilitating and reviewing the diligence of the collection, consolidation, communication and accuracy of the quality audit and assurance activities, and quality KPI's and metrics, assessing their effective integration with the Enterprise Audit and Assurance needs and the organisations reporting requirements
- Ensure an appropriate structure for management review of quality assurance is in place across the business, and facilitate the effective roll-up of reporting and alignment to quality planning activities.
- Ensure appropriate quality Planning activities are carried out across the business.
- Facilitate the improvement of the Quality Control and Quality Assurance frameworks and processes to meet all business, legislative, regulatory and contractual requirements.
- Monitor, analyse and drive completion of corrective, preventive and/or improvement actions by the business area
- Review and align BAE Australia quality reporting structure and requirements with requirements for global BAE quality reporting needs.
- Other special assignments, as directed by the Head of Quality
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
- Demonstrated experience in quality management including leader or management level role
- Broad experience of the business including key aspects of engineering, manufacture, integration, acceptance, maintenance, service, supply chain and contracts
- Project Management experience, preferred
- Good understanding of modern quality practices
- Sound understanding of Quality Standards ISO9001, Military Standards, configuration management, and verification and validation
- Familiar with safety standards and product safety requirements – optional
- Formal Quality qualifications or a Diploma of Quality Management
- Membership with professional accreditation body e.g. Chartered Quality Institute (CQI), an advantage
As defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must hold a Negative Vetting Level 1 security clearance at minimum. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to Polly Buerano, Talent Sourcing Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme. Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html