Payroll Officer | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Finance, Accounting & Accounting Support|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||29-Nov-2018|
- An exciting opportunity to join a leading defence organisation
- Support the shared services team in delivering payroll and administration services
- Based in Edinburgh Parks, SA
At BAE Systems, our advanced defence technology protects people and national security, and keeps critical information and infrastructure secure.
For over 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across the air, maritime, land and cyber domains. We employ a skilled workforce of some 3,500 people at over 25 locations across Australia, and work closely with local partners to support economic development by transferring knowledge, skills and technology. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
Reporting to the National Payroll and Compliance Manager, the Payroll Officer will support the HR payroll team through the delivery of timely and accurate payment of remuneration and benefits, maintenance and reporting on payroll related activities. This role will be involved in working within a customer focused environment.
As a member of the Payroll team, you will:
- Provide accurate and timely payroll processing service to the business
- Provide general and complex payroll advice to employees
- Participate in and support the processing of cyclical payroll activities
- Coordinate and collate payroll information for business areas and provide analysis of complex business metrics and recommendations as required
- Ensure payroll data is accurate and structured appropriately through regular validation
- Act as a point of contact for payroll and time keeping systems
- Ensure compliance with statutory requirements
- Reflect best practice in the delivery of payroll services
- Respond to business requests via a call management system
- Participate in systems testing as required
As the ideal applicant you will have:
- Demonstrated experience with computerised payrolls and an understanding of electronic timekeeping systems
- The ability to work in a highly confidential work environment and have privacy front of mind
- Developed complex problem-solving, influencing and investigation skills
- A strong attention to detail with accurate data entry and processing skills
- The ability to work independently and within a team
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Experience with Kronos would be beneficial
- Whilst not essential, experience with Oracle is preferred
Applications should be addressed to Polly Buerano, Talent Sourcing Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture. Employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: BAE Systems Careers Australia
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.