Estimating and Pricing Officer | NSW-Williamtown
|Category:||Project Management, Scheduling & Estimating/Pricing|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||23-Nov-2018|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Use your expertise in this rare and rewarding role
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
An opportunity now exists for a talented Estimating and Pricing Officer to join our team in Williamtown, New South Wales.
As the Estimating and Pricing Officer, you will be responsible for the management of estimating and pricing activities, to support the business in delivering against strategic and financial objectives. These activities will include strategic pricing, estimating, cost modelling, planning, formulation, review and analysis of all cost estimates. You will use your sound leadership and management skills to support the resolution of commercial cost and estimating and pricing issues, using a solid understanding of the wider financial, project management and customer impacts, of the solutions proposed.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Produce robust pricing, by planning and developing the estimate build-up, in accordance with BAE Systems estimating and pricing processes
- Convene and conduct appropriate estimating and pricing reviews
- Review and provide feedback on all bids and major contract change proposals
- Develop bid related price and financial input summaries for management reviews
- Ensure that all new work has been reviewed for risk and priced accordingly
- Prepare the pricing proposal response to commercial terms and conditions, and other commercial aspects of the bid, i.e.: foreign exchange, warranties, price variation, escalation, priced options, payment terms, milestone payment schedule and expenditure
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- Intermediate MS Office Skills, especially in Word and PowerPoint, plus superior Excel modelling skills
- The ability to work autonomously and be a self-starter
- The ability to balance conflicting priorities to deliver against customer and business requirements, with appropriate stakeholder management
Whilst not essential, a tertiary qualification and demonstrated experience in Estimating and Pricing related roles, preferably within a defence environment.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Sally Porter – Talent Acquisition Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystems.careers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html