SOLUTION ARCHITECT | VIC-Williamstown
|Position Type:||Fixed Term|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||25-Nov-2018|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Seeking a Solution Architect on a 12 month fixed term and full time contract to make a valuable contribution
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
An opportunity now exists for a talented Solution Architect to join the Information, Management and Technology (IM&T) team on a 12 month fixed term and full time contract. Reporting to the Enterprise Architect, you will be responsible for ensuring appropriate technical solutions are designed and implemented as per customer requirements and our company standards. This challenging and rewarding position can be situated either at our Williamstown, Victoria location or our Edinburgh Parks, South Australia location.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Lead the development and management of the concept and architecture of the solution
- Identify and manage the use cases and requirements, solution architecture, solution components, selection of technologies, make versus buy assessment, development and integration strategies, and test and acceptance strategies
- Develop the operational, functional, performance and technical requirements of the solution in accordance with best practice
- Engage and work closely with key stakeholders to deliver an effective solution
- Identify and manage the technical risks associated with the solution development and integration programs
- Liaise with client stakeholders to determine their needs and objectives of the desired system and ensure that all developed designs satisfy end user needs
- Ensure that the design meets all statutory regulatory requirements
- Act as the primary point of contact for the customer for issues relating to overall technical solution
- Ensure that the elements of the design properly interface with all other elements of the design, infrastructure and operators within its environment
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- Extensive and relevant ICT experience
- Business analyst skills and knowledge
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Experience designing and costing large Information, Management and Technology (IM&T) solutions
- The ability to balance conflicting priorities to deliver against customer and business requirements
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Talent Acquisition Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystems.careers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.