PROJECT MANAGER - OPERATIONAL SUPPORT | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Project Management, Scheduling & Estimating/Pricing|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||14-Dec-2018|
• Join Australia's Defence industry leader
• Flexible, diverse and inclusive culture
• Based in Edinburgh Parks, SA
Our Integrated Systems and Wide Area Surveillance team based in Edinburgh Parks, South Australia, have an exciting opportunity, and are seeking applications from experienced Project Managers, in search of a rare and diverse role, set within an innovative and inclusive culture.
Reporting to the Manager - Project Management Office (PMO) Integrated Systems and Wide Area Surveillance, you will be responsible for ensuring the project management standards are applied, operational workforce planning is supported, provide appropriate guidance, support, coaching, and deliver internal project management training, to the business unit project managers.
The purpose of this role is to support the application of project management within Integrated Systems and Wide Area Surveillance, provide greater operational support to the foundational project managers to develop capability, and improve the engagement with the project management community. In this position, you will support the PMO Managers to provide project assurance, providing project planning guidance and reviews for small to medium projects (nominally up to A$50M), and have the responsibility of providing approval recommendations for larger projects.
You will also support operational workforce planning, through maintenance of the business unit project management resource profile; engagement in functional resource meetings; and support to project management capability assessments and selections.
Your proven leadership experience and sound project management acumen will see you:
- Supporting the continuous improvement of project delivery and bids by providing support, coaching, review and assistance for small to medium projects or discrete domains
- As the operational interface and engage with the non-executive project managers
- Supporting the development of project management personnel, through delivery of internal training, coaching, and mentoring
- Maintaining the project management resource profile within Integrated Systems and Wide Area Surveillance and support operational resourcing as the project manager representative at functional resourcing meetings
- Managing the development, and the deployment of discrete elements of the project manager framework
- Collaborating with business units and other functions, in definition of project assurance requirements, and the implementation of audit and other recommended improvements
- Providing leadership for project management initiatives, as well as being a role model of professional behaviour
- Supporting special assignments, as requested by the Head of Project Management, or PMO Manager
To secure this rare opportunity that will enable you to hone your specialist skill set and leverage your career to the next level, you will need:
- A relevant qualification (project management, business, commercial, or engineering)
- Substantial, recent and relevant experience in project management within an engineering organisation or managing major sustainment projects
- Eligible for registered Project Management status with AIPM
- Proven ability to manage project management professionals and motivate individuals to shape and implement business requirements
- The ability to act as a champion for change within the organization and continuously improve standards of excellent
- Exemplary communication skills, with experience using these skills at senior level within the organization
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and motivational skills, with a high level of self-motivation
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Lesley Mackman – Senior Recruitment Specialist and made on-line at www.baesystemscareers.com.au
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html