IT SERVICE DESK OFFICER | VIC-Williamstown
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||16-Dec-2018|
- Join a global company that values innovative ideas and flexible work practices
- IT Service Desk Officer guru wanted to join our Information, Management and Technology team
- Williamstown, Victoria OR Edinburgh Parks, South Australia location
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
We are seeking to appoint a committed IT Service Desk Officer to join our Information, Management and Technology (IM&T) team and the position can be situated at either our Williamstown, Victoria location or our Edinburgh Parks, South Australia location. This key role will report to the Service Desk Lead and will be offered on a permanent and full time basis.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Provide front line services to staff including monitoring resolution activity and keeping customers appraised of progress towards service resolution
- Receive and handle requests for support, following agreed procedures and within Service Level Agreement (SLA) guidelines
- Liaise with IM&T staff and customers at all levels in order to provide a high level of customer service
- Contribute to timely responses and recommendations on support requests and continuous improvement strategies to customer problems and queries to deliver a high level of customer service and reduce lifecycle processes
- Troubleshoot and provide information to enable resolution on support requests and promptly allocate unresolved calls
- Effectively handle incident reports, prioritising where necessary
- Deliver communications relating to service delivery issues to the business or customer
- Install and configure desktop hardware and software in a network environment
- Create and maintain support process instructions and support documentation
- Assist with hardware loan pool and ad hoc IM&T projects
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- A passion for working in IM&T and a keen eye for innovation
- A diploma level qualification in Computer Science/Information Systems or related discipline or previous experience supporting a Windiows environment
- Knowledge and experience in supporting Microsoft Windows desktop applications, Microsoft Windows 7 and 10 operating systems in a network environment and support call stack management
- Strong communication and customer services skills coupled with the ability to work autonomously and collaboratively in a team environment
- The ability to monitor, manage and prioritise work load and competing tasks
Whilst not essential, experience supporting telecommunication infrastructure will be highly regarded.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Talent Acquisition Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystems.careers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html