Senior Mechanical Engineer | QLD-Portsmith
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||20-Dec-2018|
- LEAD ROLE
- Hydrographic In-Service Support (HISS)
- Permanent position - Portsmith, QLD
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
An opportunity now exists for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to lead the Engineering team and take responsibility for the design, development and sustainment of Mechanical systems within the HISS Contract.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Provide technical advice and guidance to the engineering and sustainment teams
- Provide support to the development and delivery of the HISS Engineering Annual Program of Work (EAPW)
- Complete early engineering works; investigation and analysis, incl. risk assessment
- Undertake requirements analysis, design development and control, production readiness and implementation
- Support the assembly, integration, set to works and validation testing of the mechanical system including configuration management
- Provide updates and report on progress to internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure compliance with engineering change management and quality control processes
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- Tertiary Qualification in Mechanical Engineering
- CPEng or eligible to apply for CPEng through IEAust (RPEQ highly desirable)
- Demonstrated mechanical engineering experience, Maritime, Defence or Resources
- Previous experience leading a team and/or mentoring personnel
- Processing facility, utilities, resource or design consultancy experience
- Effective communication skills with the ability to build strong working relationships
- Proactive individual with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Defence security clearance or eligibility to obtain
Applications should be addressed to:
Dawn Porou - Please ensure you attach a current resume, a copy of your relevant qualification(s) and a cover letter to detail your relevant experience.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystems.careers.com.au
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html