Hardware Team Lead | SA-DSTO
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||26-Dec-2018|
Hardware Engineering Team Lead
- Unlock your leadership potential
- An exciting opportunity to lead a high performing team within a principal defence project
- Edinburgh Parks, South Australia
At BAE Systems, our advanced defence technology protects people and national security, and keeps critical information and infrastructure secure. For over 60 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across the air, maritime, land and cyber domains. We employ a skilled workforce of over 3,500 people among 25 locations across Australia, and work closely with local partners to support economic development by transferring knowledge, skills and technology. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
The Jindalee Operational Radar Network (JORN) has been a part of our nation's defence landscape for many decades and comprises three Over-The-Horizon-Radar (OTHR) systems to provide surveillance coverage of our northern border. BAE Systems has been awarded the contract to manage the upgrade of this 100 percent Australian solution that is strategically important to Australia's security. Joining this project you will experience an exciting and unique opportunity to grow with some of Australia's finest defence professionals in an iconic defence environment.
As a member of our team, you'll enjoy competitive benefits, family friendly and flexible work practices, interesting work, unique career development opportunities and a culture that is built on trust, teamwork and pride in what we do.
To ensure these programs are delivered by the very best talent, we invite you to apply to join our team as a Hardware Engineering Team Lead. You will be required to oversee and contribute to the design and development of electronic/electrical systems and/or equipment in accordance with the contractual and company requirements in order to achieve the required business performance.
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- Experience in a similar role preferably within the Defence sector
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline (electrical/electronics engineering)
- Had a broad range of technical exposure including, but not limited to, full analogue and digital RF & systems engineering design
- Developed optimised electronic/electrical systems and/or equipment design analysis solutions
- Undertaken the translation of electrical/electronic equipment design into a manufacturable solution
- Undertaken the integration and validation of the electrical/electronic system and/or equipment including contributing to the integration and validation plans and reports
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels and across teams
In terms of specific responsibilities in this role, you will:
- Provide daily leadership and guidance to a high performing hardware team of six subordinates
- Derive electronic/electrical system requirements, define the test requirements and participate in system design and electronic system requirements reviews
- Undertake engineering management of the electronic/electrical system manufacture from the hardware implementation
- Manage the planning (cost and schedule), allocation and deployment of team members and workload
- Manage and report against the teams work programmes including analysis of risk
- Promote a culture of best practice sharing, supporting subordinates and by role modelling positive and collaborative behaviours
- Nurture and maintain upfront customer relations and collaboration
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants will ideally hold Defence clearance or be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) may be applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Expressions of interest should be addressed to Derek Blaschek, Talent Acquisition Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html