Commercial Manager | VIC-Melbourne Central Office
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||10-Dec-2021|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Bring your extensive knowledge of US Defence contracting to this key role
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
Apply your talent where it counts as a Commercial Manager in our Battlespace Integrated Systems team.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide our customers with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
About the Opportunity
As the Commercial Manager you will provide commercial leadership, direction, strategy, guidance, training and advice to the commercial function and project teams in support of US Government bids and proposals and contracted activities. You will also support adherence to BAE Systems' policies, processes and practices in accordance with functional governance requirements, including direct management of specific issues where required to support business outcomes.
In more specific terms, you will:
- Be responsible for the commercial management of the Evolved Sea Sparrow Missile (ESSM) program, including:
- Guidance and support to multiple program stakeholders and functions to ensure contracted obligations are met and commercial risk is managed
- Management of the program commercial team
- Preparation and submission of compliant proposals and change requests
- Facilitation of, and support to, proposal evaluation clarifications, price/cost audits and leading negotiations
- Provision of commercial leadership, direction, strategy and guidance to the ESSM lead team
- Support the development and implementation of BAE Systems Australia's US Government contracting capability, including:
- Identification of requirements
- Facilitation of cross-functional capability development
- Development of policies, procedures, tools, templates
- Training for the commercial function
- Delivery of training and awareness to the broader business for the implementation of the US contracting capability
- Provision of support and guidance related to operating in the US environment to other US programs within the BAE Systems' business
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll be able to:
- Demonstrate a broad understanding of, and experience with, the United States Government Contracting Framework in the Defense environment
- Demonstrate an ability to develop strategies, operate and think strategically, and apply a strategic approach in managing contracts and interacting with stakeholders
- Enable strategic growth by applying a proactive continuous improvement mindset and collaborate effectively across the functions and wider business to improve business performance
- Demonstrate ability to adapt solutions to meet customer requirements and constructively challenge customer requirements when required, to support them achieving their outcomes
- Identify opportunities for innovation and new ideas to be explored and adopted to drive increased value for customers and the wider business
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Leah Golias, Talent Acquisition Lead and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.