JORN Technical officer | NT-Jindalee Mt Everard
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||10-Dec-2021|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- FIFO role from Adelaide presenting work life balance
- Enjoy flexibility and interesting work within our strong team culture
Apply your talent where it counts as a Technical Officer in our team in for Radar 3 of the Jindalee Over the Horizon Radar Network (JORN).
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
About the Opportunity
For decades JORN - a network of three over the horizon radars - has been the technological Holy Grail for many engineers and is considered one of Australia's greatest defence triumphs.You can learn more about the JORN program and listen to this exciting Australian story in the podcast Technically Possible – World-leading Tech in the Aussie Outback.
As a Technical Officer you shall have demonstrated ability to work within a team of personnel operating and maintaining an OTHR supporting new and existing equipment in a defence operational environment.
This position will work on a continuing shift rotation (2/2) to the Northern Territory.
- Carrying out technical support for the radar and associated systems in accordance with the Maintenance Management Plan and subordinate documents.
- Fulfilling all the requirements of an Authorised Tradesperson under the Authorised Maintenance Contractor structure
- Be responsible to the Transmitter Maintenance Supervisor for the ongoing support and performance of equipment at the Radar 3 Transmitter site
- Perform planned maintenance activities
- Perform operational level maintenance
- Complete all fault reporting requirements
- Carry out rectification of deficiencies and defects within the Transmitter site systems
- Perform any other duties as directed by the Transmitter Maintenance Supervisor or deputy
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated experience in the maintenance of high power RF and/or digital control systems equipment
- A Certificate III/relevant experience in an electronic/computer systems or OTHR related field
- A Restricted Electrical Licence
- A Specialised Commercial / Industrial Equipment endorsement
- A proven ability in the maintenance of RF systems and digital control systems
- Good experience and understanding of software control systems
- Bench level repair experience with IPC certification
- A rapid understanding of frequently changing equipment
- Good communication skills and proven ability in technical report writing
- The ability to work in a small team
- An active Australian defence security clearance to NV2 level
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Wendy Hammond and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.